Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rear shocks Question

I'll try the guy here who has some old Koni stock for us.

Any other 1400 owners should chime in now,please.

This man should be at the Carlisle Import Show in May.I've emailed asking him to bring whatever Subaru fit items he may have.Hopefully I should have enough money to make a group but on the spot and pass along the discount to my fellow 1400 owners who have shown intention on keeping their cars.

Let us know how the new shocks fit Kiwi subbie! When I check my 1400 coupe and 78 4WD wagon the shocks certainly look the same, just like your pic. Round attachment at the bottom and threaded bit at the top. Even the reinforcement plate in the wheel well is the same between coupe and wagon.

One thing you may notice is the new shocks will not have two nuts for the top mounting. I think they originally left the factory with a nut and lock nut (another example of the engineering Subaru is renowned for!!!) but this is not included with new shocks, at least it wasn't when I changed the rear set on my wagon. Different thread meant I couldn't use the original nuts and I was too lazy to locate more. They have been on for a few years now and have not come loose.

quick question are the rear shocks used on 1400 are the same as on an 79 1600 subaru? im still having troble trying to track down some kybs here:eek:

Yes.

Just checked the FPM.Sorry for my delay.The books are right here but I've had no time untill just now.

P/N 6210 03741 (original numnber)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I believe that these will also fit a Gen 1 rear shock requirement.

The Monro-matic shocks part number is 33097. When I called Monroe, they told me those shocks were for these cars:

81-87 Ford Granada

78-83 Ford Fairmont

79-86 Mercury Capri

81-82 Mercury Cougar

82-86 Mercury Marquis