Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Iowa Soob gathering/campout June 15-16, 2007

2007 Iowa Soobie Gathering/Campout

Currently slated as a relaxing weekend. (read nothing else planned than camping)

We only used 4 campsites last time :)

Had 14 soobs only for the entire weekend, including a few hour show/shine on Saturday. (and 3 of the soobs were mine :) )

Will be working to get a few hour show/shine set-up as well, so the local NASIOC guys can come and hangout as well.

They've got some pretty cool set-ups as well... Possibly a lifted Baja.

We also have a Picnic/Shelter areawith 105 parking spaces for Saturday 11am-6pm. For the show/shine....

For Camping: Arriving Friday evening June 15, for 2 nights. Leaving Sunday.

Saylorville Lake

http://www2.mvr.usace.army.mil/saylorville/

Cherry Glen Campground - C Loop

Camping Reservations

https://www.recreation.gov/nrrs/Cherry_Glen_Campground/Campsite_Map/r/campgroundMap.do?camparea=9066&agency=NRRS&parkId=3120

Campsites 68, 70. 71. Are already reserved by USMB people. try to get as close as you can :)

It looks to be around $18/night for the campground... but it's pretty nice. awesome showers.

Lake Access may be an extra fee if boating. there's a scenic bike trail as well.

There's really no legal off-roading sites currently in the area.

Here's the thread from the gathering in 2005

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35188&highlight=cherry

Count me and Mary in! Definatly! We'll be camping both nights I hope. I will get reservation ASAP at the campground. I'll let you know when it is done, so you can add us to the "Definatly comming" list. Oh, I will be bringing my rowboat and possibley the old Evinrude (if I fix it in time!). I'll look into boat fees and post it up. COOL! :burnout:

Wow! Thats a pretty big lake! Too bad the soob just doesn't have the grunt to pull the big boat! I will have to get the evinrude running before then I guess (or end up with arms look like popeye!).

BOATING INFO: There is a ramp right at our campground, $3 day fee. Not bad...

• 2 weeks later...

year before last was great, it was our first vacation with no real problems. It was the road test for the CCR 2.5 and the only problem was the temp sensor I missed when I put the thing together. I is a beautiful camp ground and just a good place to relax. See you there, Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody need any parts...?

I will have available for potential pickup at the show....

ea81 fenders. some used, some NOS.

Gen1 Brat door glass

brat t-tops

Nissan divorced T-Case

maybe some other stuff....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We made it back safe and sound. It was a really nice time, just wish a few more of you guys could have made it. Mick and Indy as usual were great hosts, Thanks for getting everything set up!!! And Max said to tell Indy He's really sorry;) . Later, Tim

Well I said I was going to be there twice and I wish I could have been, but my dad decided to have his Father's Day BBQ on Saturday. Then after that we had to goto the mother of my children's Grandma's 85th B-day party. Oh well my family always comes before me. Hopefully next year I will be there and have my 87 GL-10 runnin'.

Josh