Ultimate Subaru Message Board

That sucks about your friend's injuries. Getting hit on a bike....ouch.

On the flip side, I saw the weirdest thing last week. I saw a guy on a big Harley rear end a Prius. He lept off the line before the Pirus did and laid the bike down on himself after he tore the bumper skin off the car.:eek:

I'm the guy on the bike and doing ok over a year later. My foot's a little mangled and will be setting off alarms at airports, but it works. $300k later I get to keep my foot:banana: I think I'll stick with dirt bikes, I don't have to compete with cars. I'd hate to have a Harley fall on me though, the bike and I were thrown across the street...evil canevil style:eek:

So have you actually set off the metal detector in the airport? Most surgical hardware is non-ferrous; usually titanium so they're not supposed to set off detectors..... :)

Yeah, the bike looks to be relatively unscathed, at least grossly. The Legacy looks like it's in a salvage yard - was it totalled? Modern vehicles wreck so easily....just like they're designed to. :-p

the bike and I were thrown across the street...evil canevil style:eek:

I thought it was more like "rag doll" style- atleast thats what the witnesses say. Yes, if I remeber right the Subie was totaled.

Ballitch- The guy in the Sube didn't see him next to the truck that was turning right and decided to pull out onto the hiway- into grinder_74.

Kimokalihi- We (grinder and myself) have more pics of the bike, it was a total as well. When I get to my home computer I'll post some of the detailed pics up, unless grinder_74 beats me to it.

• 1 month later...

kimokahili-there were alot of small parts that were trashed along with the frame, radiator, and gas tank. A friend of mine works at the gas station/ impound yard where it wound up and says the boss welded it back together...he says it's quite the sketchy ride!:eek: