Ultimate Subaru Message Board

93 legacy Knuckle/hub interchange?

So I need to replace my front Right(pass) knuckle. The casting broke down at the pinch bolt for the Balljoint. The unthreaded *tab* just cracked off, maybe I pryed it open a bit too far and cracked it. Then when bolting it back down tight it just snapped off. Becuase of the recess for the bolt in the Balljoint, it still bolted down tight and acheived some clamping action, but I do not want to drive on it any more than I have too til I get a new knuckle.

What years and models interchange? I'm thinking any 1st gen(89-94) Legacy would work. Is there any difference between Sedan, Wagon, Turbo etc? Also what about 95-99 non-outback Legacies? What about Outbacks? What about imprezas? I need to know what I can use from a J-yard. Unless someone here has one they want to ship me?

his interchange thing is wrong if it's really a 91 legacy. Rear 2wd knuckles obviously won't exchange but the front will.

You should the newest one you can find though. The bearing in my junkyard knuckle lasted less than a year before I had to have the bearing and hub replaced.

If you have abs I think the tone rings are in different places on different cars but you mightd be able to take your old one off and put it in the right place on the new part.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the Drivers side front hub for you. It has the spot for the ABS sensor if you need it and the ABS sensor ring on it + the ball joint. I can ship it out Friday if you get back to me. PM Sent

DaMN!! I mistated in my orginal post. Edited in red but I need the passsenger side. I hope you have one cause I just sent you a paypal! Let me know if you don't have a right(pass) side one.