Ultimate Subaru Message Board

so i have an '06 2.5i that i put 03 WRX seats into......problem is, the wiring harnesses are different to hook them up so the airbags work.... any idea of how to convert the wiring so my airbags will work again???? Any help would be AWESOME!!!! (p.s., the airbag for the '06 passenger requires a weight sensor to turn the airbag off and on depending on if theres an ocupant in the seat!!!):slobber:

You need to find out if the O3 seats have the same components, i.e. weight sensor. If so, you just need the wiring diagram to figure out the pins for each seat, then just splice in the connector from the 06 seats onto the 03 seats.

If the components aren't the same, then I don't see how you would be able to make things work properly .

Part of it could depend on it the weight sensing seats are just a switch....like it closes above a certain weight. Then you could probably just make the circuti think the weight is there all the time.

If the thing has some kind of output, resistance or whatever, proportional to the weight, that could be more tricky....

Part of it could depend on it the weight sensing seats are just a switch....like it closes above a certain weight. Then you could probably just make the circuti think the weight is there all the time.

I didn't recommend this because it can be a safety issue if you have small children or a lighter weight individual in the front seats.

But yeah....it depends on how things are designed. Most of the new airbags are supposed to be "smart" airbags and deployment speed depends on the weight of the person.

Newer cars have dual powered airbags. They are lower powered for lighter individuals. This is determined by the switch.

There are two ways to do this

Yank the switch from the old seats and put that in.

Determin which pin does what on the new seats. If they are using a transducer to determine weight, then you can use the new switch at all. if they are using a switch, use the lighter setting of the two switches .

nipper

you could possibly take the airbags and harness out of the 06 seats and put them in the 03 seats. A guy on nasioc took the airbags out of his sti seats to run with his race buckets, which I thought was questionable but they are in the same place. Zippers on the back should let you peel the upholstery off enough to remove the bags.