Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Questions for the neighbors to our north, AKA Canada

So I remember reading somewhere sometime that in the grand country of Canada that 1st gen Legacys did not come with passive restraint systems. AKA that damn annoying automatic shoulder belt thing. I have heard of some guys getting parts from the Canada cars and putting them on the US cars and doing away with that annoying belt.

Tell me if the fairy tales are true. And someone tell me that they know someone parting out a 1st gen legacy with a gray interior. Or someone tell me that know of a junk yard that those parts would be available. And with either of those options tell me you would help a fellow USMB guy get rid of those horrible automatic belts.

Yes, it is a true tale. I picked some up for Ed (Rachner) from Saltair Recycling on Vancouver Island. Check with him on pricing - they weren't cheap IIRC.

Well damn then, not cheap is not what i want to pay. But maybe someone out there has some I'll put a post in the wanted section and see if I get any hits.

Automatic shoulder belt? I simply put on my seatbelt and it comes over my shoulder as I attach it. Do US vehicles have the single lap belt and the automatic shoulder belt that runs along the top of the side window?

What year/model are you looking for? Myself and my brother hit the wrecking yard once or twice a month.

Automatic shoulder belt? I simply put on my seatbelt and it comes over my shoulder as I attach it. Do US vehicles have the single lap belt and the automatic shoulder belt that runs along the top of the side window?

What year/model are you looking for? Myself and my brother hit the wrecking yard once or twice a month.

Yup we have just the single lap belt and the shoulder belt that trys to cut your neck off. Ok it's really not that bad but I have never been a fan of those belts, they just seem to get in the way more then anything else. And I figured if I could get the other stuff for not horribly expensive I would like to swap it.

If you do find some, I am looking for a gray interior. And would need the trim that is on the B pillar and the one that runs forward next to your head. On both sides. And I think that is all I would need. I'm not sure that is the list that I came up with in my head.

I have a 93 legacy sedan, so I'm sure in that vintage would work.

Thanks for looking and let me know if you find anything. At least find out a price on the stuff before you go buying it.

There's a yard in Aldergrove just east of Vancouver BC that specializes in Subaru's. No idea about the cost but they had a lot of Legacys when I was there a couple years ago.

Aldergrove Auto Wrecking

27820 Swensson Avenue

Abbotsford , BC V4X 1H4

(604) 856 6383

Put me in for a set, too, please. I believe the '90-'94 models are the same, but would like a '90-'91 to be sure. This is the front driver and passenger seat belts, and the trim on the B-pillar, along the headliner and down to the windshield (or do you Canadians call it a Windscreen? :) ).

I'd take blue or gray.

Thanks,

Td

Put me in for a set, too, please. I believe the '90-'94 models are the same, but would like a '90-'91 to be sure. This is the front driver and passenger seat belts, and the trim on the B-pillar, along the headliner and down to the windshield (or do you Canadians call it a Windscreen? :) ).

I'd take blue or gray.

Thanks,

Td

My dad called it windscreen, I call it windshield and my daughter called it "the big glass at the front of the car" .:burnout: