Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i hate to ask something i feel should be obvious

skinnyhb

as the title states, i feel like i should be able to find this answer easily, but i'm looking into the availability of lift kits for my 88 D/R GL. i'm in Santa Barbara, CA and i know ozified was a good source for southern california, but thier site seems to be down or production seems to be postponed. i'd like to get 4 or 6" of lift and fit ~29" tires. the car is my daily driver with light offroad, mud terrain trail use.

i apoligize in advance for the obvious question, but the sticky at the top is somewhat out dated i feel. but is there a locally or nationally available lift kit, or do i need to get different springs or suspension from a junkyard? forgive my newness to the offroad world.

ozifield and SJR are the only constant ones I know of for the US.. Allied armament done or are doing a group buy. But I think they are still getting out of the Subaru's..

Or there are enough posts on this board about making them yourself you should be right with just searching through the old posts.. Hardest thing with making them yourself is the strut tops and the steering extension.

Personally I'd check out SJR lifts. I'm pretty sure his got a 6" lift for your car.

Said it before, and I'll say it again. I've had 1 EA82 wagon with an AA lift, and another with a BYB/Ozified one, and I've gotten parts from SJR aswell as talked to him about his design. if/when I build another lifted Subaru....it'll be an EA82 wagon with an SJR kit. reasoning:

BYB: for those looking for a simple, well-built, easy to install lift kit, start wheeling hard and it'll rip your unibody to little pieces in no time flat.

SJR: little more pricey, not as simple to install (requires some modification of things, and doesn't come with an extended steering shaft...), but without a doubt, the strongest you'll ever be able to make Subaru IFS. in fact, with his kit, I wouldn't be a bit worried about building some new, beefy control arms and radius rods (wouldn't think of it with a BYB one, the only thing keeping it from immediately destroying the framerails, is that the first few hard hits, the suspension just bends).

AA is somewhere in the middle, decent price, just as well built as the other two, easy to install, stronger rear end than the BYB, but virtually identical front setup.

http://www.sjrlift.com :headbang: