Ultimate Subaru Message Board

If your Legacy is anything like mine you might want to remove the shields on the cross-over pipe and inspect the expansion bellows for cracking, quite unlike a "proper" exhaust bellows (made out of a nickel-bronze alloy), Subaru has/had decided to make it out of cheapo tin, that will only go through so many heating/cooling cycles before rupture. Of course once ruptured your boost pressure slowly declines.

If your Legacy is anything like mine you might want to remove the shields on the cross-over pipe and inspect the expansion bellows for cracking, quite unlike a "proper" exhaust bellows (made out of a nickel-bronze alloy), Subaru has/had decided to make it out of cheapo tin, that will only go through so many heating/cooling cycles before rupture. Of course once ruptured your boost pressure slowly declines.

oh sick. didn't know that. right now the boost is great. I'm getting about 7 1/2 to 8 pounds but I will take a look anyway. Looks like I wont be putting in the BOV. It sounds great, but I'm not doing anything to "look cool" if its gonna waste my money and do the opposite of create power.

If you really wanted to go atmosphere vent later on with the car. FMIC kit, and put the maf after the turbo, and put the bov before the maf. This would require a upgrades to warrent the fmic, like bigger turbo, injectors, and tuning. But it is one way to eliminate the need for recirculating bov's.

If you really wanted to go atmosphere vent later on with the car. FMIC kit, and put the maf after the turbo, and put the bov before the maf. This would require a upgrades to warrent the fmic, like bigger turbo, injectors, and tuning. But it is one way to eliminate the need for recirculating bov's.

Yea I'm still finishing up college. And as crazy/EXPENSIVE as it sounds I want to do an EJ20 swap. I've always really wanted a Subaru that I didn't get rid of and was special/unique to me. WRX's are great cars, but everyone has one around here, and unfortunately a lot of them know nothing about the engine or history of Subaru. WRX's are fine by themselves, but I wanna do my own thing I suppose.

For right now its just gotta get me through college. The only thing I want to do is get an intercooler on it because I don't feel comfortable with how its blowing such warm air into the engine. I have to admit, I love surprising people in this car and so thats why I thought of getting a BOV (not in a street racing sense). No one never seems to guess it has a Turbo.

In all honesty, you have a better motor than the ej20. The ej22t is quite possibly the strongest block subaru has ever made. It's a full closed deck, with oil squirters for the pistons(not even the 22b STi has them).

Many people have gone the route of swapping ej25 dohc heads onto the ej22t, and getting aftermarket managment systems. IMHO its a better option than swapping to a semi closed deck ej20

In all honesty, you have a better motor than the ej20. The ej22t is quite possibly the strongest block subaru has ever made. It's a full closed deck, with oil squirters for the pistons(not even the 22b STi has them).

Many people have gone the route of swapping ej25 dohc heads onto the ej22t, and getting aftermarket managment systems. IMHO its a better option than swapping to a semi closed deck ej20

wow, maybe i better look at just working on the motor i already have. You know I love this site you guys are amazing! I'm such a noob, but I'm really learning. I've spent so much time in the past few days just looking over peoples questions and really taking in as much as i can. You probably just saved me A LOT of money...

thank you man, it really means a lot to me :) :)

you want more power...hmmm... a bov isn't going to give you that much gain in anything with that car.

You should waste your money on bigger ingectors, water/meth injection, UP/DWN pipes, port out everything, bigger turbo, FMIC, and finnally get it pro tuned :rolleyes:

you'll be destroying those wrx kiddies :clap:

but that stuff is expensive... you could just get it tuned as is and yield a huge performance gain.

right now the boost is great. I'm getting about 7 1/2 to 8 pounds but I will take a look anyway.

When I'm "on it" I get between 10-13 pounds, and yes, torque steer. I replaced the crossover pipe (as I mentioned, mine was NFG) with an aftermarket 2" (about $300 cheaper than OEM) and I'm making boost @2100 rpm (gas mileage suffers though). No up cat, no down cat, no pipe cat (punched), 2 1/2 to 3 Turbo muffler ($25 to replace a rusted out $400 dealer only muffler) 3" down spout (to direct any noise to the ground).

you want more power...hmmm... a bov isn't going to give you that much gain in anything with that car.

You should waste your money on bigger ingectors, water/meth injection, UP/DWN pipes, port out everything, bigger turbo, FMIC, and finnally get it pro tuned :rolleyes:

you'll be destroying those wrx kiddies :clap:

but that stuff is expensive... you could just get it tuned as is and yield a huge performance gain.

Well like I was saying. All thats going to happen when I finish school.