Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does anyone have pics of a shaved EA82 wagon?

A friend of mine is looking for some paint projects, and I've been looking to clean up the exterior on my Loyale a bit.

One thing I was tossing around was shaving the body panels a bit (removing the molding and filling that area in with sheet metal), going with a metallic black, black powder coated wheels, tint, and leaving just the Subaru badges - none of the lettering.

Has anyone done this (pics?), or would it look hideous?

I'm trying to modernize the look a bit - something that still keeps the distinctive lines of an old gen Subie, but doesn't look quite the same, and looks a bit newer than the late 80s style it is.

This would be matched with cleaning up the interior, adding some sound deadening all around (HushMat is good stuff, possibly using Dynamat for the floor), and doing a full suspension refresh. Eventually I'd like to throw an EJ series motor in there, but the EA82 is making good compression, so I may as well put a few more miles on it.

Thoughts?

-=Russ=-

hey, a very quick and sloppy 'chop of what I interpreted your idea as...

bodykit009_1_.jpg

stolen pic? yeah, but whatever, I don't claim anything but the 'chop work.

~Erik~

Saw this picture and said I've been there before... UTAH???? Then I go Suberdave

Hm... fully shaved does look a bit "bland" on the side.

I was also considering a kick panel cover of some form of rubberized protective coating (Rhino Liner type stuff). I've seen pictures of that, and it does look good.

-=Russ=-

• 7 months later...

i know this an old thread, an probly not quite what you where lookiing for, but in case any happens to be lookin around here ya go

chopsubaruhf7.jpg

this what i want do to my 88spfi

subarutruckmo4.jpg

and this is something i would not do, except in photoshop.

i know they arent perfect, new to photoshop.