Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Intermittent, Intermittents

Hi All!

Anyone know the cure for this one?

My wipers on my "91" Loyale, work normal except in "Int" mode then they

"raise" a couple inches, stop, then a couple more then stop, then continue for the rest of the cycle, Then from the "down" position this behavior is repeated.

Anybody dealt with this?

Thanks

If you like the heading "I cant make it any worse", look at the park switch on the wiper motor itself.

The intermittent timer sends a short pulse of power to get the motor off the park switch. After that the park circuit finishes the cycle. When the wiper is on, the switch feeds constant power to the wiper motor, then when you switch it off, the park switch takes over. The park switch is sticking at the very first 1/2 inch of travel.

nipper

i was wondering about that. my gl has done that on and off recently i thought it was due to short in wiring and gonna try to track down the wires to see. i am going to junkyard to see if the lone loyale they have has been put out yet. if so i am going to pull the wiper motor. and the hood i need.

the only subaru in the yard period. new or old gen. damn sometimes i hate florida.:-\

Sometimes we all do

:rolleyes:

nipper

I find myself hating the people much more often than the place.

I love it here; the soggy air, the rain every afternoon, the hordes of mosquitoes, the festering swamps.. I am being serious, too... Paradise.

Where else in the continental united states do you get to wear a pair of shorts, and no t shirt, to open your christmas presents??? Go to the beach on Thanksgiving? Celebrate hurricanes with massive quantities of alcohol in a pre-emptive attempt to numb your mind to the next three weeks of no air conditioning??

Welcome to FLAH-ri-duh... Murray, could you be a mensch and run down to the stowuh fuh sum bagels???

I love it here; the soggy air, the rain every afternoon, the hordes of mosquitoes, the festering swamps.. I am being serious, too... Paradise.

Where else in the continental united states do you get to wear a pair of shorts, and no t shirt, to open your christmas presents??? Go to the beach on Thanksgiving? Celebrate hurricanes with massive quantities of alcohol in a pre-emptive attempt to numb your mind to the next three weeks of no air conditioning??

Welcome to FLAH-ri-duh... Murray, could you be a mensch and run down to the stowuh fuh sum bagels???

Your a sick sick sick man:rolleyes:

Though its interesting how everyone in florida gets the murry joke with the proper accent.

nipper

Your a sick sick sick man:rolleyes:

Though its interesting how everyone in florida gets the murry joke with the proper accent.

nipper