Ultimate Subaru Message Board

JY Deal

cd45

I just got off the phone with the owner of the local JY. He said he just got a 1984 wagon in that had been in a minor accident. Just one of the fenders rolled up. I might get the whole thing as a parts car for the Brat and my daughters 1980 wagon. He hasn't even opened the hood yet, he is waiting until I get there to do it. If any parts are worth anything, I will post them on here to see if anyone needs anything.

Never mind. The car was rolled. The interior is still good, which is what I am looking for anyway. Still has the key in the ignition. Will probably take all the locks and the ignition setup to put on the 1980 wagon, that way they are all the same. Might even take the center console since it is the medium high one. He wants $300 for the whole car, and it has a set of 6 spoke aluminum Subaru wheels.

Never mind. The car was rolled. The interior is still good, which is what I am looking for anyway. Still has the key in the ignition. Will probably take all the locks and the ignition setup to put on the 1980 wagon, that way they are all the same. Might even take the center console since it is the medium high one. He wants $300 for the whole car, and it has a set of 6 spoke aluminum Subaru wheels.

Get the VIN of the car, so that in the future (god forbid) you can have a key reground for the locks from the VIN!! put it on a sticker and put it in the glove box of the vehicle in question, or maybe on a piece of paper folded in with the title of the car... (obv. I mean the car that the locks are destined to go INTO)

Get the VIN of the car, so that in the future (god forbid) you can have a key reground for the locks from the VIN!! put it on a sticker and put it in the glove box of the vehicle in question, or maybe on a piece of paper folded in with the title of the car... (obv. I mean the car that the locks are destined to go INTO)

No need - the lock code is printed right on the passenger side lock tumbler.

GD