Ultimate Subaru Message Board

another good reason to drive a subaru!

the article is from a canadian newspaper. for those of you that don't know the reference to david suzuki .... think al gore!

cut and paste the link into your url bar.

http://www.infomedia.gc.ca/AllContent/articles/unrestricted/2007/09/all20079630211532_16.htm

regards,

mark

sorry... may be a bad link.

try this one....

http://www.infomedia.gc.ca/AllContent/articles/unrestricted/2007/09/all20079630211532_16.htm

for those of you that don't know the reference to david suzuki .... think al gore!

How about "what kind of an environmentalist are you?"

David Suzuki should be WAY better known than Al Gore by this point. I mean, sure Al invented the internet (*snicker*), but David Suzuki has been an Environmental Activist since the '70's.

Not to keep this heading off-topic, but David is a scientist.

Actually he was a scientist. To be a scientist you have to objective and David has long since ceased to be objective. Like most enviromentists, he starts with a conclusion and looks for facts to support it. He only uses science to support his cause.

Shame really, he used to be a respected figure.

Actually he was a scientist. To be a scientist you have to objective and David has long since ceased to be objective. Like most enviromentists, he starts with a conclusion and looks for facts to support it.[...]
I see...Could you please provide a couple of specific examples where David Suzuki used invalid data in the transition from hypothesis to conclusion?

The thing is that his "concern" is tied directly to the quantity of money, power, influence, and/or votes for him involved.

EDIT: That may be slightly unfair. He may have actually had some concern of his own at least at one point. Trouble is that he's been overcome by the ludicrous short-sightedness and non-thinking that plagues so many of the granolas.

The difference is Gore doesn't pretend to a scientist the way Suzuki does.

Seriously? You just suggested that Gore actually uses sound scientific data when drawing conclusions?

He is one of the biggest hypocritical “I’m in it for fame because no cares about me otherwise” morons there has even been.