Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WonderBrumby II Performance videos

Matty B

Hey Marty This is Jerry, your brumby is really cool only one thing you can improve with it. Thats to install a 5 speed dual range tranny. I make a kit for your brumby i think if it's the same as our brats in the states then it will fit. With this kit all of your shifters and consel remain stock. If you are interested in a kit let me know. I have ship some parts to Aussie before. Thanks Jerry

dude, that is just awsome. makes me happy to see. i hope mine is that nice when im done, but i gotta deal with the rust first.

I was where you are subyrally..my old '86 (the WB I) was too aftected for my liking.

Easier to swap everything when there are country cars (read inland, no salt air, NO SNOW/ICED ROADS) available dirt cheap.

I cannot suggest anything except keep your eyes open for a rust free unit.

This is assuming you want one for keeps, not just for a giggle.

I built mine with new bits from bottom to top, I plan to keep it.

Rust must be stopped.

It kills Brats.

it would be nice if i had access to better condition cars, granted, i am away from salt air, they still salt the roads here in winter.

but for $350, i couldnt pass up this brat, i have been after one for years now and havent seen very many good condition brats that were at a reasonable price. thankfully, i have a lot of free time on my hands and nothing much for entertainment in my area. it really makes commiting to a restoration a bit easier, granted, that is undermined by my lack of income:dead: .

eh, either way, i am almost dont welding up the driverside floor pan and have cut out most of the rust on the passengerside. once i get the floors done, i am going to get the rockers in and at least tacked up(my welder is crap) and then ill have a shop finish weld the rocker patches so that it at least looks halfway descent. only thing left after that is a few small spots around the outside, like the rear fender and a sopt under the rear bumper from a shoddy rear end collision repair. oh yeah,and there are a few small bits on th frame rail looking bits behind the front wheels that need attention.

once i get the rust repair done, ill be looking at swapping in a 5spd full time 4wd d/r tranny and limited slip rear from a turbo car and then attempting a 5 lug swap on it as well. once thats out of the way, i am going to rebuild the engine with high performance bits. needless to say, i need to get a job before i get into the engine stuffs. gotta finish chemo before i can get into anything other than the rust repair. it shold be fun once i get it back on the road.

keep up the good work with yours man, i definatly like that brumby.