Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Vibration from hell on De-celleration

Two days ago i was driving along and when i let off of the gas, there was a TERRIBLE vibration coming from the back of the car..... or it feels like the back of the car.... on acceleration it feels... almost normal...

brand new caliper, brand new pad, and the wheel free spins and doesnt move when i put my hands at the 12 and 6 positions and rock back and forth, and when i put my hands at the 3 and 9 positions and rock back and forth.

is that a wheel bearing? what the crap?? its ALMOST undrivable at this point... it vibrates something fierce..... but i could get it somewhere if need be.....

whats going on?

Yep - typical of bad DOJ's. Driveshaft u-joints can do it too though. But if you have an inner joint with a torn boot it's probably that one. I've seen them go without torn boots as well.

Since it's comming from the back drop the rear portion of the driveline as sugested above. If it still does it then it's rear axle related, and if not then it could be driveshaft or center carrier related.

GD

• 3 months later...