Ultimate Subaru Message Board

94 LGT 80W subwoofer to 91 OEM 80W Clarion

I don't have a wiring schematic, already searched for similar posts. Can I attach the OEM 80W subwoofer/amp to my OEM 80W Clarion? The wiring harness will not attach to the back of the stereo. There are five wires from the amp: red (fusable link) black stripe, black brown stripe, orange black stripe, gray brown stripe (looks like ground), purple brown stripe, white brown stripe. Sub part number EAB12140 (B).

Ya possibly. I know on the back off my head unit in my 93 it has a DIN connector. Do you have a pic of your connector? If I find my radio ill take a pic of the connector on the back.

A friend knew someone who worked on the older Subies and told me it will attach but I need to take the subwoofer cover off, and he said on the circuit board where the connector is attached will tell me what the different wires are for. He also said the subwoofer doesn't interact with the stereo and that the stereo "sees" it as just another speaker and that the amp affects the sub only.