Ultimate Subaru Message Board

frozen weatherstripping

OK, now we're in Princeton, we have 4 real seasons, and I had forgotten what below-freezing does to (92 Loyale)frameless glass and weatherstripping. I have Armoralled the rubber since, but didn't help much. Any advice??

Straight silicon spray wiped on the rubber gaskets.

"this "winter" thing you people talk about is utterly FASCINATING....." Thanks a lot, pal! :( Seriously, what happens is when the interior of the car is warm, any snow/ice around the door opening will melt. You park the car, the ambient temps. are below freezing, and overnite the moisture on the glass/weatherstrip freezes so when you go to open the door next day, guess what happens?

"this "winter" thing you people talk about is utterly FASCINATING....." Thanks a lot, pal! :( Seriously, what happens is when the interior of the car is warm, any snow/ice around the door opening will melt. You park the car, the ambient temps. are below freezing, and overnite the moisture on the glass/weatherstrip freezes so when you go to open the door next day, guess what happens?

sorry if I seem like a jerk there :-p

I have friends who keep trying to pound the concept of "chucking it all and moving out to colorado with them" into my head. I am fiercely in love with my mosquito-infested swamps, overcrowded beaches, and what little bits of brackish estuary are still left untrammelled to leave... plus I hate the cold. I lived in the mountains in NC from age 4 to age 12, and every year since we moved back down here my bloods gotten thicker.. I now shiver at about 60*, and hate going outside below fifty. I haven't even SEEN the 30's in almost 14 years......... (MAYBE once or twice)

Bugging my poor USMB people about the winter is my way of blowing off steam built up by my friends. When *I* chuck it all and get the hell outta dodge, I plan on going SOUTH, not NORTH. Torrid Zone FTW :headbang:

thanks for refreshing my memory.. now that you tell me, I HAVE heard of this happening.

Yich.

Hey daeron, I knew you were kidding:) . I grew up in the Prairies and Montreal, and when I moved to the Wet coast years ago, I promptly forgot about things like snow tires and ice scrapers. 37 years later, here I am back in the hills looking at snow-covered evergreens and buying big plastic shovels. At least a 4wd Soob doesn't much care about that stuff, exept for the frozen door seals.:clap:

AH PAM it all!

I'm with Monsta

a can of PAM does wonders on them.

Shoot the mudflaps and prevent the chunks there to.

Snow shovel, boots ect ,,, have at it.

Here's one -- your sat. dish, snow just slides off!!

I sound like a PAM commericial don't I??