Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pump Gas EA-82

Hey,

Thinking of: Max compression ratio, hi lift, longer duration cams, max lift. Overlap? 110 degree centerlines?

Don't know for sure. Gen 1 heads. No cracks. pocket port, multi angle valve job, by my most convenient racing engine builder. Titainum retainers. Looking to turn 9000 rpm.

Custom intake, carbureted.

Well that's a start. :)

titanium retainers dont have anything to do with high rpms, unless you have the heavy springs, and titanium valves to match. im pretty sure you belts would catch on fire at 9k.

ej22 way easier and cheaper, for more hp than your talking about building.

but 10.5 or 11:1 should be doable with the right cam and ignition advance.

i forget the exact calculations, but a turbo motor is close to 12:1 runing compression at full boost.

titanium retainers dont have anything to do with high rpms, unless you have the heavy springs, and titanium valves to match. im pretty sure you belts would catch on fire at 9k.

ej22 way easier and cheaper, for more hp than your talking about building.

but 10.5 or 11:1 should be doable with the right cam and ignition advance.

i forget the exact calculations, but a turbo motor is close to 12:1 runing compression at full boost.

Of course, the springs and seat pressure are a given. Good ones. No Tit. valves. 9K is doable. Belts will hold just fine.

Doug

LPG is out of the question? :grin: 115 octane makes for plenty of usable compression, probably more than you could configure without serious machine work on the pistons, and loss of "non-interference" status... I like the dual carb option, especially with LPG :lol:

have fun, and keep us updated!