Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help!!! Swaping Gl10 P/w- P/l. Into Rx

Im toying with the idea of putting the power windows and locks from my 1985 GL10 (parts)turbo wagon, into my 1985 RX sedan.

What my question is: Are the plugs/wires alredy there?, or will I be grafting sections or the GL10 harness?

I know subaru was famous for cost cutting so,this could go either way.:confused:subaru_day_028.JPG

I swapped in power door locks off of an '87 Turbo Wagon into my '86 GL wagon. There was no wiring. I basically hacked it together, running wires all over the place. For some odd reason that I don't understand the door locks system use 4 wires! That means you will lay out a crazy gridwork of 4 wires that goes back and forth between the doors.

In the end, it works, but it was a pain. Its actually on my list of things to go back and redo.

Not sure about the wiring but you shouldn't need too much to make something up... of cause you'll need the wiring diagrams ;)

That's not the main reason for my reply... I would like to see more pics of the yellow Brumby (Brat), Cheers

I actually owned it for 12 years. it was lifted 5 inches/28s

never repaired much on it and a jerk at my job hounded the crap out of me for a year. I sold it in good running condition(needed major rust repair) for $800.00. then he almost got a knuckle sandwich for not paying me the last300.00. it wasnt about $$. he said" that damn thing left me walking".

then mellow yellow bought and stuck alot of time and money into it,

he worked so hard to cherry it out.

you wont appreciate the fenders till you see it in person. here are some restore shots.

BRAT16.jpg

BRAT33.jpg

I got 400' of wire for Christmas (ain't my wife grand!!) a whole mess of crimp terminals, wire strippers, wire cutters, and a multimeter... I reckon we can figure SOMETHING out mykingcrab!!:headbang:

I know who to call now.:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: . im leaving Iowa,hitting llinois. ive been in snow since RENO NEVADA :mad: :mad: :mad:

The wiring for the power windows i a seperate harness, with it's own cicuit breaker type fuse. It plugs into the harness under the driver kick panel, but then runs under the carpet/seat to the other side where the main relay and ciruit breaker are. For that much, it's plug and play, if you get the whole harness under from under hte carpet, and from the doors. The locks are a bit more complicated, but I do believe the basic power supply plug is there. but again you need all the lock harness, which will be in the door harness. But in the car IDK for sure if it is already run in the main harness.