Ultimate Subaru Message Board

svx seats in brat!!!

h4life

i found what i think are the coolest seats from damn near any car. there was an svx that just came into the local junk yard. sooooo mint except the tree on the front bumper. i yanked the seats and now look where they live. im pumped. tell me what ya think.DSC03152.jpg

DSC03154.jpg

DSC03155.jpg

How tall are you and are they comfortable for a long drive? Easy to get in/out of....?

im only 5'5" but they are the same as stock hight. maybe lower but they are fully adjustable. i think very easy to get in and out. suede feels so nice especially on long trips.

Those are pimp! Not the ultrapimp heated leather, but still cool! What shape is the rest of the car in? Post some details so I can post it on the SVX board.

im not really sure but there was 3 svxs there. i can find out whatever you need. the rest of that car was perfect minus the tree to the frount bumper. one of the cleanest iv seen. only 100k

Do they slide good still? I am amazed they fit.. I thought they would be too wide. how hard was it to mount up? Was it a direct swap?

the seats fit very snug. i swaped out the seat rails from the brat and then drilled holes and bolted them up. drilled two holes in the seats for the rear two bolts to bolt to the brat seat rails. then bolted the inside rail right into the stock place which offsets the outside bolts about an inch. i just drilled and bolted no biggie. as far as slide... yes. maybe not great. oh ill add pics.

DSC03164.jpgstock inside bolt and bolt hole.

DSC03162.jpg

hard to see but new outside hole offset about an inch

DSC03163.jpg

• 4 months later...
so it took the same work it took me 4years ago when i put inpreza seats into my 86 GL wagon, swap rails, bolt up the fronts redrill rear's and put some bolts, nuts and lock washers.

those look very nice in there.

when you say that do you mean you used the brats seat reals and fitted them to the impreza seat? thanxs

did you hook up the electrics for the electric seat adjustment?
His aren't the USA's "LS-L" version of the seats: They aren't leather and they are manually adjusted instead of electric. Not as super-comfy as the leather seats, but still pretty nice.