Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2005 Outback Wagon Out Of Warranty In Two Weeks

What should I have looked at for final warranty service? They will try to fix the rattle in the dash for the third time. Are there any Issues and/or fixes that Subie doesn't broadcast that I have to ask for? And, if they can't fix the dash rattle this time, can I come back on them and the warranty?

Heard about a jumpy/surging cruise control on steep grades but is there anyting else that should be fixed before the warranty kicks to powertrain only?

extended warranty is only a money maker for the agency. "$$ in" (by YOU) usually doesn't = "return" (but, of course, if it did they wouldn't make money)

I keep getting (and trashing) blurbs from some outfit trying to sell me one on my Taurus.

Think they'll ever get the message that I don't WANT it? I'm thinking that an obscene response might get them to stop wasting their money.

What should I have looked at for final warranty service? They will try to fix the rattle in the dash for the third time. Are there any Issues and/or fixes that Subie doesn't broadcast that I have to ask for? And, if they can't fix the dash rattle this time, can I come back on them and the warranty?

Heard about a jumpy/surging cruise control on steep grades but is there anyting else that should be fixed before the warranty kicks to powertrain only?

Isn't that rattle annoying? My dealer finally fixed it by loosening the bolts on the dash and placing a length of vacuum hose between the dash and the windshield. This was before the bulletin came out explaining how to adjust the dash. I've had no rattles since.

My 2005 Legacy Sedan goes out of warranty is 4000 miles and I was asking myself the same questions about what to look for.

mikkl

Unless you're psychic, you can't predict what will happen once the warranty is over (and probably neither can the dealer :) ). I'd suggest concentrating on any current problems, especially ones that didn't previously get resolved. Be certain that any complaints you have are completely spelled out in the service order, and make sure you get a copy of it. That way, if things that would have been covered aren't fixed, you can prove they were problematic before the warranty expired, and should still be able to get satisfaction.

(If you are psychic, you don't need a warranty. Just sell the car before any major upcoming problem. ;) )

You might be able to get new firm ware out of them for the computer.

The big problem was that in forth there wasn't enough engine breaking for the cruise control to hold you back on a hill and you got run away speeds.

A simple manual shift to third solves those problems and will not kick out the cruise control. ( auto )

There may be firm ware to make the automatic shift into third? Or different cruise software that could be updated.

It is possible.