Ultimate Subaru Message Board

95 legacy radiator breather/bleeding hole

hey guys

last week my lower radiator hose blew and off course during the repair i had to drain the whole system and put in a new thermostat... Now since i bleeded the system using the breather hole (plastic philips screw on left top part of radiator), that plastic nut with the philips screw head is not sealing anymore, however the leak is from the middle / center of the screw!! now, anyone has a part number for that? A no so good picture

img021.jpg

My radiator is an after market metal one, it had a plactic drain plug and plactic vent screw, I have replaced both with a metel bolt and they work fine.

really and the heat doesnt make the plastic melt around the bolt? thats what i had in mind at first but then i was like what if it cracks the radiator when i screw in there

My 96 OBW broke from the center just like yours. I bought one from the dealer for about $14 (a lot of $ for the little plug). Don't have the parts # but you can always bring your old one to the dealer. The new one I got doesn't come with an o-ring. Make sure you get a new ring or re-use the old one. I also patched my old plug with JB Weld but hasn't tried it yet. The center part of the plug is hollow and that's why it broke and leaked.