Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Another 6 bites the dust.

My '88 XT6 is no more. it's been sitting here in the driveway for about 18 months, undriveable, taunting the heck outta me. Rust issues be the main cause of death, but it wouldn't start anymore either. Had it running once, just sitting there idling, and it died, would not fire back up.

Spent two ten hour days and one 8 hour day pulling things off it. Rear suspension is all that is left to pull, then it's cutting torch time.

I will be posting items for sale once I've done inventory of things available. It will be mostly odds and ends though as most of the major components are already spoken for, IE; engine, tranny, brake stuff, suspension stuff, swaybars.

The amount of rust totally amazed me. I knew there was rust issues, but this things is way bad. I have pics, but my camera and 'puter aren't talking to eachother right now. I'll post them up soon.

Scary part of all the rust is about two weeks before it died I had it up to 125 MPH running down a back country road, loving all of the twisties in that particular stretch.

Going to miss that car......

• 3 weeks later...

Just uploaded the final pics of the 6 into my photo album. Finished the cutting up of the 6 over the weekend.

Managed to get myself 5 staples in the top of my head when I cut the 6 in half, had the noggin to far inside of car on final cut. OUCH!!

Hurt for about 5 minutes, then no more pain. Didn't bleed all that much either. I had cut the PS rocker, then part of the driveshaft tunnel, moved to the DS and finished the tunnel cut. Was still on my knees when I cut the DS rocker, and BAM. Edge of door opening on the roof line nailed me. If I wasn't already on my knees, it would've put me there. Really thought I had the noggin clear of roof, but I guess I was wrong.