Ultimate Subaru Message Board

best way to lift 87 wagon?

crazylong127

im not sure if dodge 6 lug is right, i think its dodge and ford that have 6x4.5" patterns you want 6x5.5". it'll be chevy/toyota/nissan that fit. anyways i was able to fit 15x8's with streched 205/65r15 tires, no lift with cut fenders.

heres a pic of my re-drilled wheels

night0001.jpg

ha get these puppies goin http://gainesville.craigslist.org/pts/656459785.html

havent measured them yet. if they are 6x4.5 how possible would it be to just weld up the holes real good and drill 4 new ones in the correct spots?

havent measured them yet. if they are 6x4.5 how possible would it be to just weld up the holes real good and drill 4 new ones in the correct spots?

you'd be moving all 6 lugs. they'd have to be centered, and they'd have to be balanced. means big $$$ to a machine shop.

and, 31s are enormous for a subaru :eek:

you'd be moving all 6 lugs. they'd have to be centered, and they'd have to be balanced. means big $$$ to a machine shop.

and, 31s are enormous for a subaru :eek:

yeah i know 31's are big i won't be using them. i just wanted the wheels and the tires came with them. i don't think it would be that hard. weld the holes that in them now then drill the 4 holes in the correct spots and i would enlarge the center hole to match the subaru one. and they would have to be balanced anyway when i get the new tires on there. was also thinking cut the center part out of one of the 13's and use it as a templet on the 15's??? i have an extra wheel so if it didn't work i would still be good. any ideas on that?

ok another question. has anyone used 16" wheels? i just found a good deal on some gm half ton 16 inch 6 bolt wheels. also what is the largest outer diameter you can use without lifting. cutting fenders is fine.i am currently looking at 3 tires there outer dia. is 26.1 27 and 28 with an 8.7 croos sectional dia except the 28" that has a 8.6

i am stationed at offutt afb next to omaha

You can use the base auto shop. They have a drill press you just got to bring your own bits. I live less then one hour from you and my wife is leaveing her job at offut this friday. Let me know if you need help. I plan on buying SJR lift when the group buy ends next week. So you can come and watch me install my lift.

You can use the base auto shop. They have a drill press you just got to bring your own bits. I live less then one hour from you and my wife is leaveing her job at offut this friday. Let me know if you need help. I plan on buying SJR lift when the group buy ends next week. So you can come and watch me install my lift.

pmed

ok so i just got some new wheels. they are 15 inch steelies off of an izizu trooper. with 6 tires ( 4 that are brand new goodyear wrangler at's 2 that are about half worn) and 5 of the tires are mounted on rims already. all for a grand total of $175. now i cant wait to put them on. pics will follow