Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Performance differences between Weber DFV and DGV series

My '85 EA82 has a Weber DFEV on it now. The car is manual steering, so I could fit a DGEV on easily enough (no issues with choke hitting the PS pump reservoir). I'm wondering if anyone here has driven both carbs, and could comment on performance and fuel economy differences between the two. Do the larger venturis of the DGV carbs make that much difference?

Thanks,

Andy

My '85 EA82 has a Weber DFEV on it now. The car is manual steering, so I could fit a DGEV on easily enough (no issues with choke hitting the PS pump reservoir). I'm wondering if anyone here has driven both carbs, and could comment on performance and fuel economy differences between the two. Do the larger venturis of the DGV carbs make that much difference?

Thanks,

Andy

I couldn't tell you about the difference in performance, but I've installed both. The DF version is a mirror image of the DG and I preferred it since the throttle cable was easier to configure with the DFV. Performance wise it didn't make a noticeable difference on my two Brats.

The performance difference is not that much.

Here are a couple comments.

1) the throttle shaft on the DGAV DGV series can be repaired with a bearing kit, so there is no slop, the DFAV series can not

2)The air horn is the major thing thats larger on the DGV series. The air horn on the DFAV series is smaller. The venturies are the same, 26 and 27 mm, and the opening on the bottom of the carb is 32 and 36

3) The linkage is reversed between the 2 carbs