Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Rotors.....Made in Canada?

I am a bit confused, I exchanged my '99 rotors, which had Fuji Industry labels on the box(I am assuming made in Japan), at a Subaru Dealership, for '95 rotors. However, I did not notice the missing label on their box until I was home replacing the rotors......home is almost 2hrs away. I guess I was assuming that me being at a Subaru dealer I would be receiving genuine subaru parts.....There is a part #, the Subaru name, and made in canada stamped on the back side of the rotor.......was I had?

Are some Subaru components made in Canada and still considered genuine subaru? Can someone explain this?

75% of the component on my 08 Outback are made in the US. So it figures that there are other countries that manufacture OEM genuine parts. Unless they don't perform to expectations I wouldn't worry about it. I just replaced the rotors and calipers on my 97 Outback but I don't recall seeing a country of origin on the box. Later, Tim

it's not like subaru has their own foundry and makes the rotors themselves anyway. They're probably made by centric or something.

Subaru also has a Canadian/American line of parts, so there can be two part numbers for the same thing, where one is from Subaru of Japan and the other is from SOC.

Plus rotors are basically a flat piece of iron. As long as they're straight when they come out of the box it doesn't matter much.

Great,now i better check the country of origin on the box that the replacement rotors for my 92 legacy are in...

J/Kidding..:-p..but like jamal said

As long as they're straight when they come out of the box it doesn't matter much.