Ultimate Subaru Message Board

online source for water pump, 1984 gl ?

I am looking for a source for a quality water pump, to order online. The story why is below:

Today was an interesting day for me and a passenger.

For the past 500 miles or so, there was a rattle or knocking at idle, to up to about 2000 rpm. It sounded like a loose heat shield on the exhaust system, so I did not put a repair at high priority.

At highway speed today, I started hearing what sounded like pinging at about 3,500 rpm and above. It was a little worse under load. I noticed the car was running hot (when I looked down the temp gauge was pegged in the red). I pulled onto the side of the highway, let the engine cool enough that I could look down the fill hole for the radiator, and I saw no coolant.

I drove another 1/2 mile, with the engine merely hot (as opposed to pull-over-now-hot) to a place with radiator fluid.

I put about a quart in the radiator, while the engine was running. The alternator belt started smoking, and I noticed the water pump was seized. I don't know the condition of the pump before I put the radiator fluid in.

My AAA membership paid for itself today!

I would like to know the best place to order Subaru water pumps online.

I would like to know the best place to order Subaru water pumps online.
are you saying you're only interested in getting a new Subaru OEM pump?

Subaru online parts suppliers:

subarugenuineparts.com

libery Subaru

subarupartsforyou.com

Aftermarket suppliers (which may be Subaru's source sometimes):

rockauto

thepartsbin

Best place to get a water pump is anywhere that has the cheapest price on Atsugi water/oil pumps. They are the OEM supplier for Subaru.

Your dealer isn't even that expensive so that's definitely an option. I find myself rarely buying parts anywhere else.

www.subaruparts.com seems to be one of the cheapest online dealers around.

Part number is 21110AA060

For $56 (+$9.95 shipping) I don't know why you would bother going anywhere else.

GD