Ultimate Subaru Message Board

so my buddy and I decided to go for a ride this past sunday...

oh man...Nice...where exactly is that in New Jersey?

its at the Pine Barrens, Wharton State Forest, In south Jersey. We are meeting again this sunday for another ride. If you want, PM me and i'll give you directions to meet with us before we go into the woods

is it legal to do that?....both of my Subs are Lowered not lifted so i may run into some problems...lol
Unless the laws have changed in 25 years, all those roads are legal. I set up a rally for the BMW car club through there many years ago. Ground clearance on my 2002 wasn't the best, but I didn't have any trouble then. Nice to see those roads are still available.

yes it is legal as long as your vehicle is registered and insured. Some roads are off limits, they are marked with signs, also they have a topo map for sale at the rangers station. I think ground clearance plays a big role there, i've noticed that the place is much sloppier and sandy that its been in the past... its a great nature run... best time to go is in the fall...

Is that first Gen Leggo a '92? Loks exactly like my Emily. Well, except for I added a sunroof in mine, and my wheels are prettier :rolleyes:

Hehe. Mine is an L so it was sitting on steelies :-p until I found these cheap take-offs to spice it up a bit. It has only 73,500 on it as well. It many obstacles without instance, and it is sitting a bit lower than stock on 2006 WRX suspension.

oh man...Nice...where exactly is that in New Jersey?

This particular spot is not in Wharton, but on a relatively small area, commonly referenced as "Frenchie's Pit" near RT9 in Little Egg Harbor. We do go to Wharton and Stafford Forge regularly as well, and we will hit a few favorite spots this coming Sunday. :clap:

Hehe. Mine is an L so it was sitting on steelies :-p until I found these cheap take-offs to spice it up a bit. It has only 73,500 on it as well. It many obstacles without instance, and it is sitting a bit lower than stock on 2006 WRX suspension.
Heh, mine also started life as an L. I'm turning it into an LX. For '92, the L did not have a rear sway bar, and I added one, I grafted in the sunroof, put on the roof rack, added the spoiler, put in the LX seats (hight adjust version. But I used the ones from a 91, which had the headrest that goes front to back as well, as well as the organiser pocket in the back), I even had the 91 radio headunit, with the CD player out of an SVX for a while. That was kool, as it was factory radio from that long ago, with a front AUX jack. I was saying that my car was so old, it had come back into fashion. . . Well, the finals died in that radio, so i went aftermarket. I got an HD radio that also had the front AUX, front USB, CD, SD card, Sat ready, iPod ready, and a detachable faceplate. Since it is a 1 DIN radio, I had to get the larger pocket to close up the hole. I also put on a tow hitch, and I scored a lightweight flywheel and racing clutch (really heavy pressure plate), and that is on as well. I had put LX alloys on, but the tire store kept giving me a hard time about the "old alloy rims" not holding air well (bullsquat) and saying that that is why I kept having leaks on the tires they sold me. I got pissed at this and went to the competition to get my next set of tires, and that store had these really nice 7 spoke rims bundled with tires for cheap. . . Well, I bought a set of 5, so I keep the full sized spare. projects left on this car are the driving lights and lifting the back just a bit. With WRX suspension, it sounds like you are looking for the handling to be "sporty" to support "spirited" driving on road. I'm going in teh other direction. I tow things, and often have quite a bit in the back. What is "quite a bit" you ask? let me see. . .

There was the time I hauled a pair of engines 600 miles (and SVX EG33, and an EJ25) to a company that was going to use them in Vanagon conversions. I also carried an EJ25 still attached to the 4EAT in it. Oh, and I make a living doing mobile auto repair. I carry two tool boxes, and engine stand, an engine hoist (folding version, but still. . .), a floor jack, jackstands, oil pan, coolant pan, drip pan, lots of rags, a stool, and a "torque multiplier" in case of need. . . Yeah, the back end squats down a bit when I have all that in it. . . :headbang:

Bigest problem I have now is that my rear struts are worn out (I wonder why. . . :rolleyes: ) and I had gotten oversized tires (215 60R14) that are wider than the stock (185 75R14) ones. So now when I have any kind of load in teh car, The back end squats down and the fenderwells hit the top outside of the tire and "chirps" Not wearing the tire, and it does not seem to be wearing the plastic from the fenderwell much, so if I can just get new rear struts, and perhaps some Outback springs in the back, I should be fine. That will put perhaps an inch or two on the back, and give me the clearance I need.