Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I didn't where to post this so move it if its in the wrong place please.

I just ordered parts from subarupartsforyou.com. I couldn't find the shifter return spring I needed so I emailed them, here's the reply I got: "I will include that spring in you order at no charge!" Nice people to do business with just thought I'd mention it.:clap:

Yes good results here too, I like they keep common parts in stock and I am only 1-2 ups shipping days from them. The only issues I've had is when I order part in the 'comments' field that I can 't find on the site sometimes I don't receive it, like the part # is hand written on the order but whoever is packing the order doesn't notice it or something.

A big plus in my mind for them is they do NOT use that blasted trademotion.com software thing. That thing just plain stinks. They have their own setup with, get this, OEM Subaru part numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

They always package my orders really well as opposed to other sites where they throw a bunch of parts in an empty box.

haha you are not kidding. I have had places throw all the parts, hard heavy parts like strut springs and delicate parts like oxygen sensors into a box, ZERO packing on the bottom, and then throw some craft paper on top as if that is going to make it all better.

• 3 years later...

If they don't have it, they have to get it from their Subaru RDC / regional distribution center, so it can take a couple extra days. But right they should at least tell you whether they already have it or not.

There was some change in staff there some time back, at least in the parts Dept. I had some trouble with them losing $100 Subaru Bucks I sent in, then I had a big hassle getting it replaced. I made a copy of the bucks before I mailed it but they wouldn't take that. They get deposited like a check it seems. So now I always mail them with signature required return receipt; I mean it's like sending cash in the mail basically.

Overall I am still pleased with them and order all my Subaru parts from them, mainly because they are 1-2 UPS days away from me and seem to keep a good stock of the common parts, and I love their web site.

If they won't give it back you could always dispute the charge with the credit card company. I've had to do that a few times with different places and the credit card generally seems to be on the side of the consumer. I think because a consumer could cancel the card if they don't like it and get one somewhere else, but a business, well they don't have as many choices. Places usually hate when you dispute a charge, because they get charged like $25 or maybe even more now as a fee for the credit card bank investigation.