Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lake Tahoe Meet **CANCELLED**

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoulda came camping this past weekend.:D Camped up in the hills at cisco grove up the fordyce lake road, and had a bunch of snow. 2-3' in some places. The Brat did great though, apparently better than an f150. But yeah that'd be fun, throw some days up and I'd be up for it.

I only found out about it on friday. Shawn called me and said he was camping and I was already planning on heading out somewhere, but instead decided to go out and explore that way. It was way fun other than worrying about wheelin the daily driver.:D

It was a great time. My buddy took his lifted 97 Subaru legacy. We found some snow, mud and a great view ontop of a 10000' mountain.

Really rough trail with some huge rocks. Of course I did not get any pictures of the hardest part. I was holding on for dear life!!!

Here are a few pic's I have video too I need to upload.

Jibs 81 Brat and my 96 Outback

picture.php?albumid=47&pictureid=305

HUGE MUD PUDDLE!!!

picture.php?albumid=47&pictureid=306

Climbing!

picture.php?albumid=47&pictureid=307

Climbing some more!

picture.php?albumid=47&pictureid=310

TOP of the world

picture.php?albumid=47&pictureid=309

View toward Sacramento

picture.php?albumid=47&pictureid=311

picture.php?albumid=47&pictureid=308

Friends lifted 97 legacy

picture.php?albumid=47&pictureid=304

Edited by subieman

Great pics jeremy. That is the type of mud puddle iI need to rewire the electric cooling fans, replace the rear shocks, and i'll be golden.

Did that pesky thermo switch bite the dust again. They can be had for cheap at the auto parts store. I had the fans wired to a switch once but I kept forgetting to turn it on... :banghead:

I have the rear strut extensions that came with the lift. Then you can use the stock struts... Let me know if you would like me to dig them out of the garage for you? :drunk:

Did that pesky thermo switch bite the dust again...

You bet it did! Those things are pieces of crap. I picked up a relay, switch, and wires today to redo the whole setup. We'll see how that goes:banghead:

I'll be getting some Rancho shocks next week, thanks though.

Greenley, on my Brat I had to hard-wire the radiator fan as well... here's what I did.

Disconnect the 2 post plug for the fan itself & use two female spade connectors to connect to the stock fan plug. Ground one & run the other to your relay.

Then wire the relay to the battery for its constant 12V and the switched power from the + on your coil.

This keeps all the wiring kinda neat and in the same area. The Coil gets 12V with the key on, which triggers your relay to supply power to the fan. Also, with the spade connectors you dont alter the stock wiring and if you ever want to go back to stock you can.

Yup, that works. I learned it first-hand on Jumbo Grade a couple of years ago, thanks to Brian.

I ran with it that way for probably half a year before I restored it to stock and haven't had any trouble with it since.

(Just call me "Mr. Stock" :lol::lol:.)

Just my 2 bucks

• 2 weeks later...

Web wheelers. :lol:

I go all the time, but i'm so lonely out there in the sage and the pinions.

+1 for getting this ************ crackin'!

So have we picked a day yet or are we all a bunch of web wheelers? I'm free weekends as well. Is there any snow in Tahoe yet/still? Lets set this up.

I found the perfect place for a subie caravan. With some snow.

No camera :mad:

I rode 7 miles of gorgeous trail until dark ,off of pinenut road in Gardnerville, past Ruhenstroth. I think it's the *one* i've been looking for that goes through the mountains to Wellington. D/R is a must.

Who's up for a long wheelin' trip?