Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A little help if you could....

So, I graduate college in 2 weeks. My final project for my very last class is to build a portfolio on a vehicle of my choice. Well, I chose to do one on my '92 Loyale 4WD. So, in this "portfolio" I have to include information on how everything works in the car. The ECM, engine, trans, fuel system, emissions system, etc. I have plenty of information that I have got from ALLDATA however, some other info would be great. Things I could be missing, or something you all might feel should be included. They types of this and that...Would be great! Well, thanks in advance for the help. BTW, yes help from any source on this project is exceptable. Online references, expert people, and all the rest. So, if you all have any good stuff let me know. K thanks!!! I'll owe you all one!

Time is short to be looking here...mabie. One poster that comes to mind, GD. General Disorder, and what he's put out here.

Doug

Yeah, check out GD's manual on the SPFI swap. Good info on the fuel system.

Also, do a search on here for PDF versions of the factory service manual. There are all kinds of nice conceptual drawings, schematics, etc in there that you could include. Any FSM from 88-94 will be pretty much the same for what you're looking for.

For a project like that, I would focus on three things especially. The EA82 was the first engine Subaru produced with timing belts and overhead cams. The T-belt system used did not prove to be that reliable compared to newer setups, but it was a big step forward. Besides the EA81T, which was only in a small percentage of those cars, the EA82 was also the first Subaru to recieve fuel injection, electronic engine controls, and turbocharging. Finally, the four wheel drive system, although it's the same basic setup Subaru used since they introduced four wheel drive, is pretty unique to Subaru cars and definitely vastly different from those used on pickups and SUVS.