Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SUBY Sales increase 8% in Jan

But Subaru Makes an SUV...

I love my Forrester (mini SUV).

People don't want to buy cars from failing companys,

I think this news will inspire even more people to buy

Subies!!!

But no automaker makes a AWD wagon (ok volvo, but who wants to spend $40+ grand). I moved from a trailblazer to an outback because of the fuel mileage. So I guess I was one who made the switch.:) Also the Forrester, while considered a SUV, is based off of the impreza,which is small, fuel effiencent and fun to drive........hardly atributes for a SUV.

Edited by crash321

I test drove a '99 Impreza at a Subaru dealer last night and had a conversation with the salesman about this - which reminds me that the salesmen at Subaru dealers are really nice at every one I visit. Basically I think that Subaru is doing so well because they simply make nice quality cars. The Impreza I test drove had 100,000 miles and drove like it was a new car. My friend had a '98 with 283,000 miles and it drove the same as well. They have sort of a cult status around here - every third or fourth car you see is some Legacy or Impreza.

I test drove a '99 Impreza at a Subaru dealer last night and had a conversation with the salesman about this - which reminds me that the salesmen at Subaru dealers are really nice at every one I visit. Basically I think that Subaru is doing so well because they simply make nice quality cars. The Impreza I test drove had 100,000 miles and drove like it was a new car. My friend had a '98 with 283,000 miles and it drove the same as well. They have sort of a cult status around here - every third or fourth car you see is some Legacy or Impreza.

Same here, but we aren't that far away from eachother, every other car is a Legacy or Outback. But no old ones:-\

Yeah, here there are a lot of older ones around here. Most common are '90-'94 Legacy wagons. There's the occasional Loyale but those are pretty rare in this area.

Yeah I mean Loyales and GL's. There are still tons of early Legacy's here, but very few Loyales and maybe a couple GL's. I'd even like to get my hands on a clean Loyale, so I could swap a dual range into it!

Around here we lost a lot of old parts cars to the scrap yard last fall when scrap metal was so high. So now, is real hard to find parts for GL/Loyale types. "Tis a crime and a pity! We loved our 1st Subie...88' GL wagon w/hi-low, but it got the Vermont cancer and rotted away.

• 4 weeks later...