Ultimate Subaru Message Board

newbie from scotland uk

Hi glad to see another newbie from UK. wasnt the 2 tone with 6 bolt rims on ebay a couple of weeks ago?? nice looking pickup thinking of fitting wrx seats in mine also, or a set of recaro's that have been gathering dust in the shed.

this is deffinatly the place to come for info on conversions. just sit in a comfy chair & do a post search. Thats what Ive done get a real feel for what can be done & how.

Very nice looking Brats! I like the top one, very clean. Yes people have done the conversion before. I'm not sure if anyone on here has done an STI swap into an older car but plenty have done EJ swaps which is the same style motor. So I'm sure you can get a lot of questions answered. Welcome to USMB

Hi glad to see another newbie from UK. wasnt the 2 tone with 6 bolt rims on ebay a couple of weeks ago?? nice looking pickup thinking of fitting wrx seats in mine also, or a set of recaro's that have been gathering dust in the shed.

this is deffinatly the place to come for info on conversions. just sit in a comfy chair & do a post search. Thats what Ive done get a real feel for what can be done & how.

well spotted bud, yeh was on ebay, collected it on saturday, put an mot on it on monday, going the turbo route, where are you from, in in dumfries?

Very nice looking Brats! I like the top one, very clean. Yes people have done the conversion before. I'm not sure if anyone on here has done an STI swap into an older car but plenty have done EJ swaps which is the same style motor. So I'm sure you can get a lot of questions answered. Welcome to USMB

thanks for welcome bratman, never realised there was such a big following off scooby brats, good to keep them alive, not many left here all have rotted into nothing, ive got two pickups ive got for spares and there slowly disappearing into the ground lol

thanks for welcome bratman, never realised there was such a big following off scooby brats, good to keep them alive, not many left here all have rotted into nothing, ive got two pickups ive got for spares and there slowly disappearing into the ground lol

yup same thing here, in my region, all the old subarus rust away to nothing. It's a shame.

mate, thats smart! yeah man, welcome to USMB! another UK user here as well!

ive got a truck for a complete EJ engine, running gear and suspension swap waiting as well, lol as well as the road one.

have you got any details from the previous owner, or who done it all up, i wanna know where he got that front valance!

all that needs it to be lowered! that would look soooooo fat man!

well spotted bud, yeh was on ebay, collected it on saturday, put an mot on it on monday, going the turbo route, where are you from, in in dumfries?

Yea welcome to the forum Bob, im new myself. them wheels look well hard on a brat .....on a M plate 95 must be one of the last if not last made nice find:)

I keep a lookout on ebay see wot others are about theres a tidy white 1 & a met blue 1(bit otomistic on the buy it now) on at mo.

Im in Great yarmouth norfolk prob 1/2 way between yourself & Backinbrat.

spose up in Aberdeenshire U'll be keeping the 4wd & ground clearance, or are U joining the UK slammed club (2members so far:lol:)

Up your way is 'scooby city' Aberdeen the streets echo to flat 4's with the preza's bet there aint many brats left though unless chickens are living in the back.

Will post pics of mine, red 92 when I lower it & put the 15" split rims back on.

welcome from america, good to see another brat owner. im happy to see that im not the only one looking to make a sporty brat. i am about to swap my brat over to the engine and drivetrain from an 87 rx very soon. sadly, even though it was a planned swap, i have to get it done sooner than expected due to the crap economy and my impreza needing to be parked for a while. but i guess its not all bad, i might be able to finally drive my brat for the first time since i got it almost two years ago:lol:

on a side note, you guys from across the pond, should you ever find yourself in the washington DC area, should get in touch, id be happy to take you around the area if needed.

1871118010a5057686440l.jpg

That is gorgeous!

Did the striping decals come stock or did you add 'em?!?

yip came like that as stock, had that one from new, its an 88 model, redid the body and underside two years ago, got local sign shop to make decals up from photo off pick up before respray, has done 170000 miles on same engine and box:)

mate, thats smart! yeah man, welcome to USMB! another UK user here as well!

ive got a truck for a complete EJ engine, running gear and suspension swap waiting as well, lol as well as the road one.

have you got any details from the previous owner, or who done it all up, i wanna know where he got that front valance!

all that needs it to be lowered! that would look soooooo fat man!

not sure what you mean bud, with the front valance, just bumper removed thats it, yip sits way to high will look alot better lowered, just searching about for a crashed sti now, like my old scooby will keep this one for good so want to make it a minter

Yea welcome to the forum Bob, im new myself. them wheels look well hard on a brat .....on a M plate 95 must be one of the last if not last made nice find:)

I keep a lookout on ebay see wot others are about theres a tidy white 1 & a met blue 1(bit otomistic on the buy it now) on at mo.

Im in Great yarmouth norfolk prob 1/2 way between yourself & Backinbrat.

spose up in Aberdeenshire U'll be keeping the 4wd & ground clearance, or are U joining the UK slammed club (2members so far:lol:)

Up your way is 'scooby city' Aberdeen the streets echo to flat 4's with the preza's bet there aint many brats left though unless chickens are living in the back.

Will post pics of mine, red 92 when I lower it & put the 15" split rims back on.

hey bud, na im just above carlisle about 30 miles,aberdeen is 4 hours from me, definately going lowered with split rims with new one, keep original one original ,even got original stereo, will be selling wheels suspension etc soon if any uk owners are interested

welcome from america, good to see another brat owner. im happy to see that im not the only one looking to make a sporty brat. i am about to swap my brat over to the engine and drivetrain from an 87 rx very soon. sadly, even though it was a planned swap, i have to get it done sooner than expected due to the crap economy and my impreza needing to be parked for a while. but i guess its not all bad, i might be able to finally drive my brat for the first time since i got it almost two years ago:lol:

on a side note, you guys from across the pond, should you ever find yourself in the washington DC area, should get in touch, id be happy to take you around the area if needed.

thanks for kind offer subyrally, were having same problems over here with recession etc, the only worry i have is rear suspension, making sure the geometry is correct for sti suspension, ie welding strut turrets in right position:)

Edited by pickup-bob

i am looking at 05+ legacy turbo suspension to swap into my brat once i do the 5 lug swap. its going to take a little while though, i have to save tome money first and also get the brat on the road.

but for the rear suspension bits, i am looking at fabricating a new rear shock tower and wheel well.

thanks for kind offer subyrally, were having same problems over here with recession etc, the only worry i have is rear suspension, making sure the geometry is correct for sti suspension, ie welding strut turrets in right position:)

not sure what you mean bud, with the front valance, just bumper removed thats it, yip sits way to high will look alot better lowered, just searching about for a crashed sti now, like my old scooby will keep this one for good so want to make it a minter

yeah man, looking forward to seeing it! keep us posted!

the front part where your number plate is mounted is different compared to the standard brat, its flat all the way along the bottom, which was used on the cars, instead of having it risen up in the middle, i guess to accomodate bullbars and A bars better, and you will notice a chrome bar along the bottom of your original truck, ive got it as well, and its a little protection mount bit, which the bumpette things mount onto

in other words, i want the front end off yours! :P

look for old legacy turbos, pretty much the same as imprezas, just cheaper and more avaliable ive found, make sure its a turbo though, otherwise you will end up with dual range still! lol