Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Got Turbo Sedan?

Yet another score for the Xoomer!! Running Kinda, Fully loaded 86 GL-10 Sedan/RX? its got a spoiler and some trim stuff I've not seen before. Push button 4wd and Turbo EA82 the owner just gave it to me, as I helped broker a deal on her new 87 Subaru Wagon. she said the last time she drove it it started making a funny noise and got warm... she shut it off and got it towed home. I started it today.... I think the water pump may have gone and possibly the passenger timing belt may have slipped... cause it seems to have good compression Price Free, Afternoon of checking it out priceless....

DSC01179.jpg

DSC01180.jpg

DSC01181.jpg

DSC01183.jpg

DSC01184.jpg

Edited by xoomer

Blue Devil is a snake oil type product for Fixing and repairing headgaskets. (its guaranteed or your money back) and you can get it at your local Checker/Schucks/Kragen you take your t-stat out, drain the antifreeze, put water in and then you put the blue devil in, and idle for 50 minutes. -- When I started the car was spitting coolant out the reservoir after running for only a few minutes.

I ran it for 50 minutes and i noticed the idle getting smoother, the heat getting hotter, and it never got over 195 at idle sitting and when I shut it off there was no bubbling in the reservoir,

Tomorrow I'm gonna Flush it again, and run the blue devil again.... then I will put a t-stat in it along with new plugs and find all the vacuum leaks, hey it was a free car and if nothing else Its looking like I have a parts XT6, Hmmm, can anyone say XT6GL105lugSedanliftkit?

Good lord, an XT6GL10LiftedSedan? :slobber:

You're askin' for trouble boy. :rolleyes:

Nice grab, and can't beat the price.

Oh, and may I say I like that pickup ;)

Early 80's I wanna say standard cab fleetside GMC?

Sorry, I like old chevy pickups. :-p

And I would like that spoiler, if its up for grabs that is.

It would look mighty spiffy on one of my brats :D

Twitch

I've got one of those spoilers for $20 plus shipping from Apex, NC. Assuming I can get it off OK - I think they are glued on.

I've had a wanted ad posted for one of those!!! I'll take it if you can get it off!! Let me know. pm sent!

Edited by bratman18

Good lord, an XT6GL10LiftedSedan? :slobber:

You're askin' for trouble boy. :rolleyes:

Nice grab, and can't beat the price.

Oh, and may I say I like that pickup ;)

Early 80's I wanna say standard cab fleetside GMC?

Sorry, I like old chevy pickups. :-p

And I would like that spoiler, if its up for grabs that is.

It would look mighty spiffy on one of my brats :D

Twitch

88 Chev Cheyanne 1500 with a 305

It's an old Fleet truck thats for sure.... 640k on the ticker, it was a les schwab truck then it was some other company and now its mine.. it was kinda funny cause the head light switch died that night..... Just as it was getting dark..... I had to pull the switch and jumper it.