Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I need help from 2.2L swap gurus

building a harness using an OEM ECU is going to be a project! especially with an OBD II engine. But, you should be able to find what you're looking for here:

http://www.northursalia.com/modifications/misc/wiring/wiring.html

http://www.dunebuggyarchives.com/subbug/manuals.html

what he said +1.

Here is what you are going to have to weigh cost vs time.

If the scrapper is giving you a smoking deal on the engine, say 200 or less then it might be worth it to get the engine. Complete harnesses can be had on NASIOC or possibly on RS25. If he is charging more, then I would look for a donor vehicle. Also, is the engine complete, meaning coil pack, alternator and other parts are still there if not it can get pretty pricey trying to piece together all of the parts that you will need.

You will need to get the coilpack, ignitor and the plug, MAF and the plug, O2 sensor plug, Fuel tank pressure sensor. I am a fan of a donor car. I did the BRAT by pieces and it was more expense than just getting a car.

If you do get just the harness plugs, make sure that you also get the ECU and the plugs that go to that. That way you will have a reference point to start rebuilding. Some of the wires are shielded so you will need to go to radio shack and get shielded wires with two wires inside of them. Finally get a good copy of the wiring diagrams and have at it.

You can probably post pictures of the plugs for help.

Hey Chux, think it might be a good idea to add pictures of the various plugs in the next version of the tutorial.

BW