Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 GL radio install

I have a stereo to put in my wife's car, but no bracket. I'm guessing someone pulled an aftermarket unit and took the mount with it. Is this a factory or aftermarket piece? I haven't been able to find an aftermarket replacement, maybe I'm just calling it the wrong thing?

It's the bracket that screws to the radio and the structure of the dash.

It's the bracket that screws to the radio and the structure of the dash.

not sure if this is what you mean but it worked for me in both an ea81 and ea82 just fine

http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=99-8900

EA82 and 81 had 2 post, this allows a single din install i think you could cut for 1.5 din. I have pics of the adapter if you want.

Edited by Major Lazy

the mounting brackets would have been screwed to the stock radio and hooked on the screws at the front where the trim piece covers them...

you don't need them to put an aftermarket radio in there...

get a kit like this one that Major Lazy is talking about...

not sure if this is what you mean but it worked for me in both an ea81 and ea82 just fine

http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=99-8900

EA82 and 81 had 2 post, this allows a single din install i think you could cut for 1.5 din. I have pics of the adapter if you want.

most radio shops that have a subaru community will carry this in stock... come with both the ea82 and ea81 mounting face plates... that holds the front of the stereo up... hold the back up with a short piece of galvanized plumbers tape...

yea i am in that same boat, i have the face plate thing but not bracket and i keep forgetting to check the cars in the junk yard and see how they are done up.

i'm going tommorow to get a hood (i think...) if i find some you want me to take a pic of em so you can make some?