Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am considering buying a 2nd gen, Legacy GT. However, they are somewhat hard to find around here, yet Outbacks and Brightons are very common. So what is it that makes a GT a GT? What sorts of things would I need to change?

Has anyone had the oppertunity to drive a JDM GT with the Twin Turbo?

check out this site... http://www.cars101.com it might have some answers for you...As for the JDM 2.0 TT Legacies..from what I hear there is very very little turbo lag which im assuming is inherent for a twin turbo vehicle..however I believe they also make less HP than a USDM STI... Either way I absolutely love the way they look.. I also hear they can be had rather inexpensively....

That site does give some good information on the GT, but not quite what I'm looking for. Perhaps I should itemize my questions.

With regards to the GT..

-does it have an LSD?

-different interior (seats, dashboard)?

-lower springs or different struts?

-I know it has different front bumper, hood, wheels, and side skirts, how about rear bumper?

-headgasket prone 2.5l only available engine?

-upgraded brakes/rotors?

Do you think it would be worth it to upgrade a regular or brighton, or just hold out to find a decent priced GT?

That site does give some good information on the GT, but not quite what I'm looking for. Perhaps I should itemize my questions.

With regards to the GT..

-does it have an LSD?

-different interior (seats, dashboard)?

-lower springs or different struts?

-I know it has different front bumper, hood, wheels, and side skirts, how about rear bumper?

-headgasket prone 2.5l only available engine?

-upgraded brakes/rotors?

Do you think it would be worth it to upgrade a regular or brighton, or just hold out to find a decent priced GT?

different on GTs, late 90s:

2.5 engine (sane as outback)

trans (sane as outback)

wheels, different look but tires are the same diameter as legacy

sunroof

power antenna

bumpers, front and rear (and rocker covers )

rear sway bar

same on GTs:

struts

axles

seats

interior

maybe different:

tach

cd player

roof rack

Vlsd was available around 02-03 in outbacks and canbe bought from salvage yards for ~100$.

if you put GT wheels on a brighton, it will look like a GT. it will not drive like a GT.

Edited by johnceggleston