Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My Brat

jayare12

man thats awesome. you have no idea how much that helps me. theres a bunch of people that have asked but how did you keep the camber right? did you have to angle the strut extention?

if you wouldnt mind helping me with lifting mine by giving me some tips, i will be very very greatful

how many inches is your lift?

are those factory cv shafts?

thanks for your time bro

kelly o

the rear was done by a friend That I bought the BRAT from, so for info on that you sould probably talk to "THE BOSS" or beast I drive on the forums. The strut towers I did Myself and yeah you just figure out the angles on the strut tower which I think is 15 degrees, and just drop the mounting surface the height of the lift. And its six inch Lift on mine. and yes they are factory CV joints

Edited by jayare12

thanks bud for the info. so is the body of the truck where the shock tower bolts up flat and you get the 15 degrees from the strut? so that means that your home made extension also has to be 15 degrees?

im trying to understand exactly how that works. also how hard was it doing the blocks on the front?

I'll understand if you dont have time to answer all of these questions.

The Boss or The Beast I Drive comments will be appreciated if you read this.

thanks again!

KO

steering has to be extended no matter what lift size...

brake lines most likely would need extended for a 6" lift. I've seen 4" lifts that got by without extending, but varies between vehicles.... won't know until you drop it....