Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Blu is gone, long live ....

While I was out at lunch, they took him away. I wasnt sure if I wanted to be here or not. That leaves 5 drowned cars on the block left to go.

I bought this 150952212224. It is the sellers wife's car. Every 3 years she gets a another used subaru since she drives so much. She just likes a change. Mileage was more then i was looking for, but it got me into a newer generation.

It has a leak at the Radiator. From as near as we could tell (surprised the seller as he said his wife drives too much to take a chance on a poorly maintained car) it looks like it is a transmission cooling line on a 7 month old radiator. There were no old stains on the garage floor, so it is a new leak. There is some hose that goes to the passenger side of the radiator that looks like a tranny line? Aside from the car needing a jump start, it fired right up. Everything works, needs some body cladding. No biggies. Pretty and clean with a HUGE real sunroof.

The Radio.

Has anyone found a solution for this beast that is one unit with the HVAC auto climate control? Four days of research i have just come up with putting another head unit in the center cubby to handle all blue tooth ipod functions. Been told it fits and it is much cheaper then every other fix out there.

SUggestions?

im looking for the fullphone and ipod interface. I had matching JVC media manager units in both cars, i may do that again. The bluetooth subaru kit is 350.00. the JVC HVAC double din kit is 350.00. i have a list of things i want to do to the new car to make him mine, but this is the first as radio just sucks and i like my hand free phone :)

Inches made a difference. It seems my house is a an inch or two higher then my neighbors (same builder). Also we were home when the flooding happened as opposed to my neighbors who left. I suffered including Blu 12,000 in losses. Insurance is covering 4000 so far. 4000 is what i have to pay over the coverage to replace Blu. FEMA hasnt chimed in yet.

My neighbors damages run from a low of 15,000 to over 100,000 dollars.

So much oak flooring has been ripped out i am debating snaging it to floor my attic.

R.I.P. Blu.

FEMA is about worthless and so is the Red Cross lately from what I've read. No personal dealings with either and I'd like it to stay that way.

I'd say you made it out pretty well compared to many others, despite the shortcomings of the so called "assistance programs".

So much oak flooring has been ripped out i am debating snaging it to floor my attic.

Warning about stuff that has been in the "water".

I helped a friend empty his flooded house on Milford Beach in Ct. (5' of water)

Took a wooden box that I thought I could use on my porch.

Left said same box in my Outback overnight.

Car stank for days.

I wouldn't go dumpster diving for that flooring!

PS Friend found a lobster in his closet.

PPS FEMA has been very helpful.

Ok so i will skip the wood.

Oddly there have been no fish or other water - animals seen here.

house insurance just finished thier paperwork, so now FEMA can do thiers. Not expecting anything froma anyone, so what we are getting so far is a huge help.

Ok so i will skip the wood.

Oddly there have been no fish or other water - animals seen here.

house insurance just finished thier paperwork, so now FEMA can do thiers. Not expecting anything froma anyone, so what we are getting so far is a huge help.

Sorry about Blu:( My 81 4x wgn was so rusted the doors wouldnt close right anymore between creaks+groans an twisting it was time 348k and 12yrs. AND never got stuck! Still have mtr. running 8yrs. later,:D! Looking 4 another wgn. again! You still have a house which is good...Good luck...

Has anyone found a solution for this beast that is one unit with the HVAC auto climate control? Four days of research i have just come up with putting another head unit in the center cubby to handle all blue tooth ipod functions. Been told it fits and it is much cheaper then every other fix out there.

SUggestions?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/official-dual-hvac-double-din-jdm-kit-thread-113589.html?p=2496140

Don't want to know how much.

Dont write that oak off yet...

If you clean the wood thouroughly and then give it a bleach/water treatment, it would more than likely be fine.

Several years ago I bought a large bundle of 2x4's that had gotten moldy (not sure how/why, but they were moldy - some were downright nasty)

Took it to the local car wash and pressure washed every last stick.

Brought it home, mixed up a spray bottle of 1/3 bleach to 2/3 water.

laid several spacer 2x4's on the floor of the garage to keep the wood elevated, lay out a layer of the 2x4's with space between each piece, spray liberally with the bleach mixture on all sides, lay a set of spacers, another layer of the wood, spray with the bleach mix, and repeat until all wood has been treated.

The key is to have space between each and every piece so there is good air circulation. I used those 1" x 1/4" lathe strips for spacers between the layers - worked fine.

Allowed it to dry completely and thoroughly - about 2 weeks - and it was fine. I did re-stack it once to move the spacers slightly so that area could dry properly. it never developed the mold again, and it has been used to rebuild both our front and back enclosed porches with zero issues, and with some left over yet.

We did have a few pieces get pretty warped, but they worked just fine as smaller filler pieces between door/window framing and top plate. =)