Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need help to permanently disable alarm in 2002 Subara Outback

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 pontoontodd

pontoontodd

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Loves Park, IL

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:56 AM

don't lock it until you get a FOB

cars101.com has programming instructions which is relatively easy to do at home with your 2002

buy a used FOB/remote and program it and you're done. 

OP, if you figure it out, let me know, and tell me where you got the FOB from.  I got one and can't program it, one of the first steps is turning the ignition on and off ten times and the horn is supposed to honk but mine doesn't.

http://www.cars101.c...ess.html#alpine

#27 iriejedi

iriejedi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Frisco, CO

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:35 AM

I wasn't the one that locked it a friend was. I went to the junkyard and asked them if they had used key fobs for sale. The guy handed me a big bucket of them and I dug around until I found a Subaru one like these cars have. I actually bought two for like $10. So the first piece of advice worked for getting the alarm to stop. Turn the key off and on off like 4 or 6 times until the alarm stopped.

In programming the fob I needed to get in the car close the door hit the unlock button on the door. Then open and close the door one more time after the unlocking button. Following that I needed to quickly turn the key off and on 10 times and leave in the on position at the 10th time. After waiting a second or two the horn honked. Then I hit small button on the fob, open the door close the door and then hit the big button on the fob. Following this when I pull the key out the horn honk three times. Then open the door and shut the door again. That was it she worked.

Edited by iriejedi, 25 April 2018 - 11:37 AM.

#28 idosubaru

idosubaru

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 24,107 posts
  • East Coast

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:44 PM

one of the first steps is turning the ignition on and off ten times and the horn is supposed to honk but mine doesn't.

http://www.cars101.c...ess.html#alpine

are you doing the 3 steps before the ignition?   unlock all doors, foot on brake, all doors closed then cycling? 

Unlock all doors, foot on brake, all doors closed. Cycle key quickly but carefully on-off appr 10 times until the car honks one time. 
Do not turn the key far enough to start the car, just to the 'on' position so the dashboard lights up.

When the horn honks, open and close the driver's door, press any remote button and that's it. 
Program another remote? Quickly open and close the driver's door again and push a button on the 2nd remote. That's it.

When you're done, remove the key and  the horn should honk 3 times. You're all set. 
Sometime it takes more than 10 on-offs to set program mode. Open/close the door, lock/unlock etc, wait 10 minutes, then try again.

#29 iriejedi

iriejedi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Frisco, CO

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:49 PM

I did it just add described, worked great. Idosubaru, reading your list it doesn't talk about opening and closing the driver's door enough times from what I read. For me what was done in my list worked. Thanks everyone!

#30 idosubaru

idosubaru

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 24,107 posts
  • East Coast

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:49 PM

I did it just add described, worked great. Idosubaru, reading your list it doesn't talk about opening and closing the driver's door enough times from what I read. For me what was done in my list worked. Thanks everyone!

yeah i just copied and pasted it from the site - i was mainly asking because he calls the ignition "one of the first steps" - but when it looks like it's actually one of the last steps..so i wasn't sure if that's just internet/keyboard misunderstanding or he actually didn't do them. 

#31 iriejedi

iriejedi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Frisco, CO

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:13 PM

On the tenth time I needed to stop flipping the ignition in the on position and wait a second or two for it to honk if that helps you any.

#32 pontoontodd

pontoontodd

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Loves Park, IL

Posted 30 April 2018 - 08:33 PM

are you doing the 3 steps before the ignition?   unlock all doors, foot on brake, all doors closed then cycling? 

Unlock all doors, foot on brake, all doors closed. Cycle key quickly but carefully on-off appr 10 times until the car honks one time. 
Do not turn the key far enough to start the car, just to the 'on' position so the dashboard lights up.

When the horn honks, open and close the driver's door, press any remote button and that's it. 
Program another remote? Quickly open and close the driver's door again and push a button on the 2nd remote. That's it.

When you're done, remove the key and  the horn should honk 3 times. You're all set. 
Sometime it takes more than 10 on-offs to set program mode. Open/close the door, lock/unlock etc, wait 10 minutes, then try again.

I just tried this again, yes, unlocking all doors, foot on brake, all doors closed, (sometimes opening and closing door at this point), turning key from off to on (also tried from acc to on) ten times (also tried more than ten times).  If I leave it on and wait, horn never honks.  And I did check to make sure the horn is working.

Then I was wondering if the alarm was even still working, haven't tried using the power locks in a year.  Used the switch on the door to unlock and then lock all doors, closed the door, security light started blinking, when I unlocked and opened the door the alarm went off until I turned the ignition on/off three times.  Which brings me back to seconding the original post, how can I just remove this alarm?  Even if I got it working, would using the power lock button on the door cause the alarm to go off if I just unlock the door with the key?  That's incredibly annoying.  I have four street cars and it's nice to just have keys for all of them on my keyring rather than carrying a bunch of fobs around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users