Ultimate Subaru Message Board

For us pre-80 guys... The motherload just showed up on Craigslist

I posted this over on the craigslist section, but I figure putting it here would get everyones attention who might be effected by it...

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=111971

Yes, thats 100,000+ BRAND NEW pre-80's Subaru parts!!! :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber:

If anyone is serious and has the means, I'd be willing to go in on a group buy for the lot. Seriously.

That's a lot of scratch for any single person to drop. But the group buy thing could very well work. I would be thrilled to kick in a hundred or more. If I have a week or two, I could drop a bit more. With enough people in on the deal, we'd all get everything we need and still only scratch the surface.

I think one person would have to run the deal. Then somebody who has the available space would have to keep the stuff. Obviously, people who put up the original cash would get their split. But after that, the person storing the stash would need to sell off parts to recoup the cost of storage.

I would vote for Kosta in charge since he's the one who announced the find. But I've seen all the pictures in his build thread and it doesn't look like he has room for the stuff.

This same load was already up for grabs since like Novenmber of last year or so.

Bum deal from original seller who broke ties with the this second seller. Now seller #2 does not want to honor a deal made with one of our board members.

There's too much of some items,like way too much to the point of you're buying garbage along with a handful of good parts that about 20 peaople need in the whole world.

Other items would sell really well,but how many are there of each? This SOB went and sold a new dashboard from the stock that was supposded to stay untouched.

There's bumpers that are holding water - and rust - from the leaky roof. Moldy inner door panels that got damp and stayed in their plastic wrapper which made the mold even worse.

Way overpriced and way too much load for the average guy or group of guys to attempt from the opposite coast. But good luck.

We could always throw out a lowball offer. The way Moosens described it, dood is probably going to end up paying somebody to sort the different metals for recycling.

If this does happen. I'm willing to hitch a ride with somebody and spend a few days sorting through the crap.

I grew up here, and still live here.

All I'm going to say is, know EXACTLY what you are doing with these guys before you do it. Just a friendly heads up.

I won't say anything more, as it didn't involve me directly.

If you guys get serious about this and need or want eyes on, I'm close.

beechbm1969 at yahoo.

Dan

Paul - any chance of some details on that previous deal?

Any idea on what this is worth? Is there any market at all for this older stuff? This stuff needs to have some potential for someone to bite.

A group buy would be difficult, there would be many different possibilities, the logistics of that are enormous. Just the dissemination of information alone would be phenomenal - folks wanting parts, wanting to know years, cross overs, colors, conditions, shipping costs, and more we can't think of. It's a huge undertaking. It's hard to part out one car some times!:lol::lol:

Hope someone connected here figures something out.

This is the second time around for this load,guys.

Same questions - same answers.

Do you really have space for all the extra? This guy wants the load goneas a load. But at the same time admits he sold a rather serious item(s) in that new dashboard. That's got to take a chunk out of the value of the lot,for sure.

You need to go there count and write or type and figure what really sells and for how much? Several of us are watching NOS items sitting around on eBay now. Certain eras you can just forget about selling parts for like the 1970-1973 cars. And the next era -'74-76 isn't too healthy either.

Well if there really are FF-1 parts in there, I would want to buy any I can get a hold of. I could see spending $1-2k on parts if they are really in there. Even those EA62 heads I'd pony up ~$500 for if there is a set, thats what its going to cost me to refurbish the ones I have now.