Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tempo Front Springs...

xbeerd

Hey All, so has anyone ACTUALLY DONE the tempo springs up front as a replacement for saggy springs? i've searched and can only find mention of the possiblity. but i wanna hear from someone who has actually done it. be it.. at stock size, cut them down to not get lift etc.

i need to replace my drivers front spring (at minimum), and was gonna do both fronts if i did the tempo springs. i got a quote for custom springs from some place of $425 to which i nearly crapped my pants.

love to hear some notes about that. or if anyone knows where i can get some springs thatd be super.

Hey All, so has anyone ACTUALLY DONE the tempo springs up front as a replacement for saggy springs? i've searched and can only find mention of the possiblity. but i wanna hear from someone who has actually done it. be it.. at stock size, cut them down to not get lift etc.

i need to replace my drivers front spring (at minimum), and was gonna do both fronts if i did the tempo springs. i got a quote for custom springs from some place of $425 to which i nearly crapped my pants.

love to hear some notes about that. or if anyone knows where i can get some springs thatd be super.

If I remember right, one person did it, and it was for a lifted Subaru. If you're just looking for a replacement, check the classifieds on here. carfreak has some Brat Turbo springs that would be an upgrade. I got a pair of RX springs from there, which are also an upgrade. Hell, if you put down what kind of car needed the spring replacement, I'm sure someone would have a set.

Jacob

Yes, I used the tempo springs on my Ea82 wagon with the EJ22. I cut one coil off and it still lifted the front an inch. Even with the EJ22 up front.

tempo springs are great on offroaders if your adding steel bumpers,winches,and EJ22's

But it would certainly stiffen up the ride and remove any sag.

for a stock replacement you might need to cut 1.5 or 2 coils off the top.

Best post of the day!

And yeah, this is for an EA82 with a 2" lift.

Yes, I used the tempo springs on my Ea82 wagon with the EJ22. I cut one coil off and it still lifted the front an inch. Even with the EJ22 up front.

tempo springs are great on offroaders if your adding steel bumpers,winches,and EJ22's

But it would certainly stiffen up the ride and remove any sag.

for a stock replacement you might need to cut 1.5 or 2 coils off the top.

oh yeah, i dont have a signature below my post on this site

its a 92 loyale, 2" lift. i dont want any more lift, well, i do.. on one side of the car! LOL!

good to hear about the height with the ej as i working on a ej swap myself. that was one thing i was thinkin about was the extra engine weight

thanks for the info Uberoo

Well... Many Years Ago I Discovered by myself some Suspension Mods for my Subies, I've Used the Ford Tempo Coil Springs on Both of Them without cutting anything and those Lift the Subie a Li'l while removes the Saggy.

I've several Years Runnin' my Subies with the Ford Tempo and other Mods that I Explain in This Write-up:

The Ride gets Harder like a Small Truck but Handles Way Better. I Used Tempo's coil Springs from the 1994 Model, those are Almost Identical to the Subie's ones but with a couple of Extra Turns...

For More info, Part Numbers & Pictures, I Kindly Suggest you to review my Write-up.

Hope this can Help.

Kind Regards.

thanks man, i was just about to search for that writeup to find what year to look for! i dont necessarily need any more lift, because if i do i'll have to add the cross memeber blocks and all that stuff that comes with it.. well.. i guess another inch wouldnt be the end of the world.. :)

you can use accord front springs from like an 89 with AC for stiffer springs in the back as well.

for the record, the car that I had those springs on had a 1" suspension lift.

tempo springs up front and accord springs in the back..

note: my tempo springs came from a V6 tempo so that might explain why a coil had to be cut off.