Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tire size Justy

Hey Nipper,

The 165 70 Sumitomo and Kuhmo would be closer to the original. I saw an electric US Goverment mini van with the 165 65 tires on it a while back. Yangling I believe.

Doug

Edited by Quidam

Got to love the Justy board, No yes and maybe is the answer. Dusty's Justys are iffy. Like i said i may call and if it is 20.00 for four (personally I wouldnt put them on craiglist if they were that little, i would just scrap them) and get them...unless someone else has a source for 13 inch tires that dont cost 90.00

Got to love the Justy board, No yes and maybe is the answer. Dusty's Justys are iffy. Like i said i may call and if it is 20.00 for four (personally I wouldnt put them on craiglist if they were that little, i would just scrap them) and get them...unless someone else has a source for 13 inch tires that dont cost 90.00

hehe, I like the dusty justy thing, just what I told the wife when we honeymooned in Kauai and a justy was included in our package and it was full of red dirt, got across their parking lot and turned around and upgraded to a 5.0 litre mustang conv, that got us into traffic quick:)....this was over 20 years ago, maybe they have improved :rolleyes:

Edited by T'subaru

Most people run 175-70-R13s on their Justys. I am not sure why you are having trouble finding them. They are readily available.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?width=175%2F&ratio=70&diameter=13

There are not as many 165s available, but they can be found.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?width=165%2F&ratio=70&diameter=13

Your local tire dealer should have no problem finding what you need if you don't like the internet. I wouldn't put $20 craigslist tires on my car.

i did find a place online with the correct 165/65R13

....pm me and i will send the link if you are interested, although i am not familiar with the brands they list they have 5 different brands in that size/

ferox you did not list his correct stock size

There isn't a whole lot of difference between a 165-65 R13

and a 165-70 R13, and like I said, most Justy owners run 175-70 R13s.

On the JB they seem fine unless something wears in the suspension then they start to rub. I have no issues with this. I may even be able to get them used locally. I am not a fan of used tires but this is FWD and much cheaper then 50.00 + recycling fee + valve + balance. Uswd tire places here thro in the stems for free