Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

32/36 DFAV Weber to P/S EA82 complete

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 heep70

heep70

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • Bonney Lake

Posted 18 March 2004 - 10:52 AM

My EA82 has been weberized. Finally, I found some time to convert my Weber onto my engine. Of course, the job was able to be accomplished faster with the help of Qman. Thanks Qman.

I used a 32/36 DFAV series Weber on my EA82 w/ power steering. The adaptor (99004-731) I got from Redline was kinda (real) hookie, but we got it to work. We ended up using the original riser plate in combo with the two-piece adaptor in hopes that it would help hold the seal over the water jacket. So far so good.

Everything bolted up great with plenty of clearance. I had no interference issues with the P/S pump and had plenty of room under hood for the K&N filter.

To top things off, I got to ride in Qman's Brat. What a rocket. That little front wheel drive truck can leave a nasty :burnout:

Qman has some pics of the conversion.

Thanks again Qman

#2 Qman

Qman

Happiness is... no lag!!

• 11,119 posts
  • Sumner

Posted 18 March 2004 - 11:49 AM

To be as nice as possible the adapter set up for the EA82's is under engineered at best. But the DFAV(VW application) is definitely a good fit. Zero problems with the power steering and other components.

Posted Image

Another pic

#3 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,125 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 18 March 2004 - 01:39 PM

Hmmmm thats odd... it appears you have the carb normal (not backwards) but the choke is still in the back:confused:

I have my choke in the back, but the throttle stuff is on the drivers side.

#4 heep70

heep70

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • Bonney Lake

Posted 18 March 2004 - 04:45 PM

Yes, the linkage is on the passenger side. Qman had also thought it was backwards until looking at it a bit closer.

#5 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,125 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 18 March 2004 - 11:54 PM

what kind of choke is on it anyway?? DGEV is electric right?? so what is AV? :confused:

#6 heep70

heep70

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • Bonney Lake

Posted 19 March 2004 - 12:11 AM

Yes, it is electric. I am not sure what all the letters mean. Somewhere before in this forum they where defined. Try a search.

#7 skeet

skeet

Human

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Earth

Posted 19 March 2004 - 12:41 AM

BAH! BLASPHEMY!!!!

Getting a Weber that works right, thats RIDICULOUS!!!

Every Weber installation should include at least 6 hours of Garage Science.

#8 PoorManzImpreza

PoorManzImpreza

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • BARBADOS

Posted 19 March 2004 - 12:53 AM

so how does it haul??

#9 heep70

heep70

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • Bonney Lake

Posted 19 March 2004 - 09:07 AM

I still have a bit of a hesitation at the start I am working on, but once past that she really moves especially on the highway. :lol:

#10 subaru420

subaru420

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 19 March 2004 - 09:19 AM

Are those pics the final product??? Sure seems like alot of hoses floating afterwards if so....

Have ya noticed an increase in MPG?? I've got an EA81 and 23 MPG seems like so little for the sorry amount of performance I get out of her.

Hey Q-man would ya be willing to assist in another install somewhere down the road???

#11 heep70

heep70

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • Bonney Lake

Posted 19 March 2004 - 09:29 AM

No, that wasn't the final product. There is a bunch of lose wires that are laying on top of that. Ha, just kidden. Its all cleaned up now. The only things left are the metal hoses, but I don't care. I will deal with that at a later date.

I haven't checked the milage yet. I figure I will check it on the next tank. I should have the wild hair out of my butt by then. I also need to finish tuning the carb.

#12 Qman

Qman

Happiness is... no lag!!

• 11,119 posts
  • Sumner

Posted 19 March 2004 - 11:17 AM

Originally posted by subaru420

Hey Q-man would ya be willing to assist in another install somewhere down the road???

I might be available. It just depends on timing. I have a few irons in the fire at this time. The one thing is you'll have to come to me. I don't do mobiles any more.

And as far as the mess goes. We got it running and adjusted except for a small timing issue. I work graveyard and it was waaaaay past my bed time when we got done. So, Greg cleaned up the hoses and lines when he got home. We had already disconnected the vaccuum sources so there were no vacuum leaks. Just kind of messy.

#13 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 19 March 2004 - 04:50 PM

To all who don't know - this is NOT a DGV carb. It's a DFV carb, which is basically a mirror image of the DGV, with a different air cleaner opening. Even the rebuild kits are the same part number. You can get these carbs off of many early model Ford cars and trucks - like early 70's curriors and pinto's and such. I've been thinking about doing this for a while, since the adaptor plate would fit the same, and the choke being on the other side is actually a good thing for you EA82 guys......

GD

#14 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,125 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 20 March 2004 - 10:41 PM

Hmmm maybe I should buy one of these and slap my DGV on my BRAT :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users