Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

History of USMB

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SUBARU3

SUBARU3

• 2,734 posts
  • Dallas, Ft. Worth, Texas

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

http://www.ultimates....6&postcount=23

#2 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,611 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

Could you go in and add dates to that history? I think i joined in august of 2000 on the old ez board. Some of the old ez board archives still exist on the internet if you look for them hard enough, but outside of control of the usmb itself.

I was shocked and amazed when i found other subaru people on the internat as i was the only one i ever knew until then.

I do remember billy c's sites about 2 or 3 years before i found the forum. This forum is unrivaled by any other than NASIOC, but is more genuine than the 'sock and quite fankly, more useful. And this forum is very well behaved compared to any other forums in general, even more so than some of the better forums. I believe it is the best behaved forum that i have ever read or joined.

props to the staff.

#3 davebugs

davebugs

I don't "friend"

• Members
  • 3,112 posts
  • Pittsburgh suburbs (NE)

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

I agree.

Best Subaru site I've found. I've only been here a few years though.

Seems like a lot of excellent info on the older stuff here - although that isn't what I work on.

Great existing knowledge base, and helpful members.

And an excellent staff, and no adds.

#4 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,865 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:39 PM

...I think i joined in august of 2000 on the old ez board. Some of the old ez board archives still exist on the internet if you look for them hard enough, but outside of control of the usmb itself...

Similar Story Here.  I Started searchin' for Subaru Information more than a Decade Ago, When My dad and I started the 2.7 Project... My "Loyale 2.7 Turbo" Screen Name on the EZ Boards' UltimateSubaru is Still alive there, but now those are Operated by "Yuku" ...  :confused: ... http://ultimatesubar...oards.yuku.com/

I Remember that long time ago, I was Able to Post as "Guest" but so Many Years have passed since then. I am very Thankful with USMB and the People who makes this site so Awesome!

I've saved some Screen Captions of the Old USMB Sites that I want to Share here, as an "Evolution" Proof in Pictures, from the Older Looks to the Newest Looks:

OldUSRMLogo.jpg

My Personal Favourite Look:

Now, This:

Thank you for the Link, also for all the efforts to keep this Awesome Site Alive ... :D ... Your effort is Very appreciated.

I'll Try to do my Best to Help Soon... with another Donation ;)

Kind Regards.

Edited by Turbone, 30 April 2014 - 09:35 PM.

#5 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,941 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

Cool post guys. In the old days I used to spend a lot of late nights working on this place. Now, so many things have become automated or easily sourced to other places like photo hosting and such. Most of the pages above were managed by TheSubaruJunkie who was a key moderator and technical helper from the very beginning.

#6 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

Im glad this place is still around, I've always loved it...  Seeing all those screen shots made my day! I remember when SUBARU meant slow clackey little econo car. Its so funny how nowadays Subaru means WRX and haulin rump roast! I also remember when I was appauled that ShawnW added a vanagon section, now years later I'm onto a similar path, kinda =]

Too bad we cant get a flat 4 diesel over here...

Are any of the old subaru offroad videos on youtube or out there anywhere? Subarubicon? Old USMB repair manual?

Keep up the good work guys, and Thanks.

#7 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,941 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

Very cool!  Lots of Ea81 conversions on those around but not so many Ej ones.  Not sure why but maybe you know.  

#8 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,865 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

Very cool!  Lots of Ea81 conversions on those around but not so many Ej ones.  Not sure why but maybe you know.  

The Reason must be the Easiness of Swapping a Simple Engine which runs with Distribuitor & Carburetor, instead all the EFi Stuff, Wire Harness, ECU, Timin' Belts, etc... The USDM didn't get the EJ Engines that came factory with Carb & Disty, like the LADM. (Latin American Domestic Market)

Kind Regards.

#9 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

Wiring EFI has never been a "problem" for me,just a headache at times =], I decided years ago I would rather have a ball of wires than a jankey old worn out Hitachi

Mines a 1.9 TDI so cooling should be easier to tackle than the soob motor(diesels are more efficient so they should run cooler). I think radiator placement hinders alot of people. They all want it to look stock, but also want water cooling.

Edited by archemitis, 08 September 2013 - 09:10 AM.

#10 capn_r

capn_r

Pseudo Soob Noob

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Morton WA

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

IIRC the intake ducting on an EJ tangles with where the fuel tank is on the pre Vanagon Volksie buses without some pretty serious surgery whereas an EA has clearance. 

#11 BoxerRebellion

BoxerRebellion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Portland, OR

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

This was very cool to see.

My gratitude goes out to the guys who to it upon themselves to start USMB.

As well as to everyone who worked hard to keep it alive to this day.

So guys like me, over a decade later could come join this Subie-Brigade and share/learn/inform.

Thank you all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users