Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Coolant temperature sensor for EA82 (turbo and mpfi)

Just for information for you guys if you are in need of a coolant temperature sensor (the one that ECU uses). I had a hard time finding a suitable one other than the stealer original one that was priced 64€. So I did a little search and found out that the same temperature sensor is used widely in other cars too. I found out that bosch part number 0280130026 is suitable and fits our EA82. So I went to the local parts store and found this with the bosch part number:

20130208_153502.jpg

It's named as automega part number: 3013380458 and is exact match for the original one. This was priced 9,50€ so more than six time cheaper than the subaru original one. Ofcourse there was bosch one awailable pricing around 20€ but I thought that the cheaper one is fine. I even tested the sensor in 50 celcius and 20 celcius degree water and the values were 780Ω @ 50celcius and 2,2kΩ @ 20 degree so it sits nicely in manufacturerst reference numbers.

The sensor itself looks lke this:

20130208_153944.jpg

20130208_153908.jpg

So nothing that special but may be a good info if you are looking one. And by the way it has M12x1,5 metric thread in it. You can look for the bosch one in the internet thingy if you want. Its basicly the same thing as the one in my photos.

• Like 2

I dont have the part number for the spfi engine. Since I don't have experience in the spfi engines I don't even know where it is mounted. As the topic title states the bosch one I quoted is for turbo and mpfi engines. This one I quoted is behind the intake manifold and is in the water/coolant passage that goes with the intake manifold.

• 5 years later...

Thank you! Success with your Bosch part number. Rough cold start, warm no start, warm idling at 2k all fixed with this part. Took my dremel and cut away the plastic enclosure, then soldered on the pigtail from the old OEM sensor. CEL code 21 cleared. I tested this sensor with hot water/room temp and the impedance measurements were not exactly a match for what the book says. Bosh part was 5k at 32f (book says around 3k), and 400ohm at 150f (book shows 500ohm). Close enough that the ECU is happy. Thanks again! 

• Like 1