I should have done this a year or so ago, but I just never got around to it. So here it is now.
This is my little project. My brother, my dad, and I picked it up a few years ago. Originally from Arizona, it is fairly rust-free. It came with a 5 speed dual range transmission, a newer EA81 engine, the original engine, and a mountain of parts under that camper shell. The parts mountain included new-in-box weber, every piece of trim imaginable, roof glass (though this is a hardtop), crossmembers, alternator, roll bar, the list goes on and on.
The car runs great and has given me no problems at all. I have put some miles on it using it as a diaily driver for a while and it ahs made several multi-hour trips.
Since purchasing the car, I have put on a 2 inch lift, installed the roll bar, put on 15 inch pugs with 205/70/15 tires. The tires will require a slight trim behind the the front wheels.
I have been accumulating parts since purchasing the car. I paid $60 bucks to strip every part I could from another 84 brat that was going to scrap. The only things I couldn't take were the engine/tranny and the body panels. I have a steering column, radio, door seals, MORE roof glass and seals, door parts, wheels, trim, 2 sets of jump seats with headrests, factory brushguard, on and on.
Next on the list of upgrades is an adjustment to the lift to correct the camber and installation of all of the following: weber, factory brushguard, jump seats, fog lights, and one CV axle.
Let me know what you think!