Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does anyone have sube tool #499817000?

It's the 2 piece engine stand in the FSM. Tried SOA, they may be able to get it but not sure. It's listed at $125 each piece anyway. So, back to the original plan, build it. Actually have it built, I know a cheap welder that works for a major boat builder in Sarasota. He said he would do it for free, but I feel it's worth at least a gallon of rum. Anyway, what I need is measurements. To have it built I have to provide a 3-view drawing. If anyone has one or has copied one let me know. Or if there is another source of that type stand. I tried Fisher Buggy in Tampa, but they use a one piece bench mounted stand. I've seen a floor stand like sube's at a bug shop years ago, but the guy at Fishers no comprende...

I will post details this evening. I have a "How to keep your Subaru alive" manual laying around and for the 1.8's it includes instructions to build a stand out of two 2 X 4's and two 2 X 6's. The 2 X 6's are right at 26" and the 2 X 4's overlap them on the outside - so I would think those would be 26" plus 1.5" overlap on each side for 29" each piece of the 2 X 4. I will confirm this evening.

Regards,

aba4430

I need it for 2 reasons. One is to access the rear to remark my ea-81 flywheel. The other is to carry it through my house. It's mounted on a standard engine stand now and the heads won't fit through the door without turning it sideways. Besides, if you've seen the pics from my other posts you'll see that I would hate to scratch the engine.

A picture of the stand I need is on page 3, sec 1-6 of the 1989 FSM.

I found it...got pics, measurements. Local sube dealer was most helpful. May build a pair myself, good excuse to add an oxy-acet setup to the collection. Here it is. I have better pics if you send an email address.

Note the stand in the picture has the EJ adapter plate attached.

post-2184-136027592506_thumb.jpg

post-2184-136027592513_thumb.jpg