Ultimate Subaru Message Board

yes it is the ring thats bolted to the back of the hub. i just tried to loosen the bolts and space it closer to the abs sensor witch did help but the issue is still there im probly going to just leave the abs fuse pulled. is there a way to get the abs light to go off on the dash it is currently the only check light lit up in the car.

is there a way to get the abs light to go off on the dash it is currently the only check light lit up in the car.

you get used to it after a while - mine has been been on for the entire year I have owned the car - how long before that is unknown... My car has several wheel sensors with the wires broken off right at the sensor (non-repairable) - $100 or more per sensor, and not sure I could get the old sensors out... I pulled the fuse and live with it - brakes work fine otherwise.

They'll come out, it's just a matter of how many pieces they come out in.  :Flame: Drilling through the plastic isn't so bad, magnet is a bit more annoying.

I'm not that worried about it - the brakes work just fine as they are. True, I dont have working ABS, but there are times when ABS is a bigger pain than it is worth...

I dont have to worry about inspections where I live, so not real concerned about fixing the problem.

the abs was causing the real issue the abs tone ting on my car is shot rust has gotten its way with it and causes the abs to activate on the right front whele if i plug in the abs fuse so i dont run the car with the abs fuse in. the brakes dont pulse in my pedal unless the abs fuse is in.

this is why my abs dont work right

20141030_090917_zps38c29f36.jpg

Edited by sirtokesalot

I would have to say yes, that is the reason the ABS doesn't work. Are the other tone rings are similar in condition?

no the front left was in much better shape and the rear passenger one was in very good shape. i never got the drivers side caliper bracket off so im unsure of the rear drivers one. the one in picture is the passenger front.

look on rockauto for rotos and pad kits, and maybe even rebuilt calipers loaded?

i've gotten whole sets of 4 rotors and pads for like 125, they are really cheap now, and rebuilt calipers loaded for
like 25 if they were on clearance. make sure to scroll the whle list that comes up for your car. :)

look on rockauto for rotos and pad kits, and maybe even rebuilt calipers loaded?

i've gotten whole sets of 4 rotors and pads for like 125, they are really cheap now, and rebuilt calipers loaded for
like 25 if they were on clearance. make sure to scroll the whle list that comes up for your car. :)

Rust is a beech. Physical damage isn't likely or there would be a definite wear pattern. That's just flaky chunky rust. The deep down, ground-in kind like the catalytic converter flanges get.

I would think that whole knuckle was replaced with one from a junkyard car that saw some heavy salt in its day. Possibly was parked in the ocean for a month or so before it went to the junkyard.