Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need some help with no start 86 and 2 87 GL-10's

Hello

I have just bought 3 subarus for 50$(86 and two 87 GL-10)the 86 is in great shape but the wiring harness and the drivers side under the front fender burnt, the guy tryed ti fix it but had no clue on what he was doing. I looked at it and put new wires in, but the car still wont run. if i put gas in the trottle body and it runs, tryed changing the fuel prump and still with not run. Just like to know if anybody would have a clue on what i can check next? or if somebody has a wiring diagram. Thanks in advance

well it is a wagon mpfi turbo. everything in the car works, just got nothing at the injectors. I have been looking at this now for about 3 days and I am lost.

I am a mechanic by trade but on hevy equipment and this mpfi is new to me. lol.

To see if the fuel pump is working try cranking the engine for a second and then turn the key to 'off'. Then turn the key to just the 'on' position and you should hear a slight hum from the fuel pump for about a second. This will tell you that the pump is getting voltage and most likely working ok.

hey there Someon26,

I have no answers for you right now but I'm having a similar problem with my swap.

My saga:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16856

I've got the same deal, everything works except the injectors....

So, check this out: The injectors don't click while under fuel pressure but once I disconect the fuel line at the injector, they will click....

My current theory is that my pressure regulator is bad (so is my spare) and the injectors can't open against the high (65psi) pressure....??? Is this possible??

In terms of wiring, check ALL of your grounds. Follow every ground out of the computer and all the little grounds that split off the harness.

well been working on this car now for 2 days and still cant get it to run, everthing works just having probs with the fuel system, been reading a few books and still cant fig out the injector system in this car. Is there any way of testing the MPFI computer?? And also wandering if it is a big job to go from MPFI to a throttle body injection system??