Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brats at Harry's U-Pull-It

Just thought I'd let y'all know that there are currently two ~'85 Brats at the infamous Harry's U-Pull-It in Hazleton PA. Both are located about in the middle of the foreign car section, and they both exhibit typical rust decay, which is probably what put them there. The interior of one was completely gutted, the other was still mostly there, although both had been picked over.

Sooner or later everything shows up there...just not real pretty.

Any GL-10 stuff?Turbo's?

I seem to recall seeing some other EA81 vintage stuff - it wasn't what I was looking for, so I wasn't paying very close attention. Of course, I found all sorts of stuff that I wasn't really looking for. Anyone ever use an external wastegate from an Audi 5000T? Can you say, "EGR valve, that'll be $5 please?" :)

im gunna go to the junk yard i like up in hagerstown md. in the morning, last time i was there there were three brats hidden in the crowd. i am gunna go see what level of decay they are in. if one is in good enuff condition, i might see about buying it if i can get money.

What color interior did they have? What kind of shape was it in (If you can remember) Any "goodies" on them? (Roll bar, A style pushbar etc...)

Interior from one was completely gone; I don't recall what the color was of the other one. That one had gotten an odd-ball re-paint of flat black and gray. You're dreaming on the roll bar, push bar goodies question....

I'm on a serious hunt for my tailgate for final years of Brat. My tailgate was involved in an accident and so its rust has taken over and is out of control along with the dents. Any and all.... please...

help help help :)

You're out of luck unless you're so desperate that a rusted out tailgate would be of value to you.